pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
>> MLPA proponents on college campus [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:32 am
gudawg

I am a student at Santa Rosa JC and had the good fortune to change a mind yesterday. MLPA is being promoted by volunteers on college grounds "save our coastline" BS is the motto. when asked to address a letter to my congressman I told him I already had and asked him what he knew about what he was promoting. "Just the basics" he said, I asked him if he would like to know more and he said yes. I went to the library and printed out 13 pages of info from the local native american viewpoint, as well as the BOD names of the surfrider foundation (a promoter) as well as background info on some of the task force members. I included info on the peripheal canal and astroturfing. He seemed genuinly surprised and upset that he was supporting this type of behavior by our governor. I think the affected Native American peoples would benefit by having spokesman on all norcal college campus (and JC campus) to negate the effect these uneducated proponents of the MLPA are having on the students. The campus may not be real sympathetic to general fisherman being stripped of our rights but they would be in an uproar about more discriminatory practices being aimed at the californie native american peoples.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:46 am
Ken Jones

There's a lot of information out there including a considerable amount of data on this message board (Fishery Conservation...) if you go back a way in the posts.
PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: