pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Lake Anza [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 4:09 pm
sharksnagger

Fished lake anza with one of my friends today using plastic worms.

Total for me: 3 bass-two 12" and one 7"

Total for my friend: 4 bass- one 12", two 11", and one 6"
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:18 am
red fish

What color plastic worms work in Anza if I may ask? I use crawdad color and clear ones (or those are the ones that have caught fish out of the box of my friend that is a blackbassman) at Lafayette. And, were they 3", 4",5"? Thanks for any info Smile
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 9:24 am
climberb9

Purple plastic worm- works wonders on bass every where! True, its not 100% consistant, but it works really dang well.
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:00 am
red fish

climberb9 wrote:
Purple plastic worm- works wonders on bass every where! True, its not 100% consistant, but it works really dang well.
Thanks Smile
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:04 am
sharksnagger

red fish wrote:
What color plastic worms work in Anza if I may ask? I use crawdad color and clear ones (or those are the ones that have caught fish out of the box of my friend that is a blackbassman) at Lafayette. And, were they 3", 4",5"? Thanks for any info Smile
I don't know the exact name of the color but they were brown with green on top in the 3" and 4" size (I used 3", my friend used 4"). Various other lures such as small rebels and spinners have also produced fish for me @ anza, but I usually just get the little finger sized bass on those Wink
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:25 am
red fish

sharksnagger wrote:
red fish wrote:
I don't know the exact name of the color but they were brown with green on top in the 3" and 4" size (I used 3", my friend used 4"). Various other lures such as small rebels and spinners have also produced fish for me @ anza, but I usually just get the little finger sized bass on those Wink
Thanks also, I have never caught a bass in there but it is so small that I am confused as where to go at Lake Anza. I guess in the back. I will have to try again one time. It is a nice drive up there in Berkeley Hills.
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:18 am
mr. pole pack

Where are some cool spots at the lake? I've tried the spillway bridge, the cove right of the swimming area, the boulders at the back of the lake. All with no luck or a lot of snags. I've seen crappie, bluegill, and decent bass swimming around but I always get the feeling that this lake is sparsely populated.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 12:03 pm
sharksnagger

mr. pole pack wrote:
Where are some cool spots at the lake? I've tried the spillway bridge, the cove right of the swimming area, the boulders at the back of the lake. All with no luck or a lot of snags. I've seen crappie, bluegill, and decent bass swimming around but I always get the feeling that this lake is sparsely populated.
I've had most luck at the bridge and the rock wall next to it. Also pritty much anywhere near the tules seems to have fish, although most of the fish that I've caught in that lake are 12" or under (however I have heard of some 4-5 pounders caught there, but those are probably qute rare).
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:57 pm
climberb9

Sounds by the size of fish like a good time to pull out some 4lb test.

Maybe, if you wanted to be a little different and not fish a lure, you could pick up some live minnows, and go up through them out on a "sproat" hook (though any appropriate size would work) a split shot or two, and a small bobber like we do in kansas for crappie- that whay you'd have a chance at crappie and bass as bass love the shad.

Another lure that might produces well there is a small senko. Or a hula grub on a jig head.
Top of page
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:14 am
kin

i'm thinking drop shotting some robo worms would score some decent sized bass...
Top of page
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:29 pm
mr. pole pack

Thanks for the tips. I'll try the bridge area next time I'm up there.
About the minnows, it's funny but I don't know if live minnows are available nearby (east bay). I know they're illegal at SP Dam but don't know about Anza. I would probably use lures and catch n release. Strictly to get away for an afternoon of fun a local lake.
Good Luck!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:56 pm
climberb9

I'm pretty sure fishery supply on story road sells live minnows, but that is kinda outta the way. Not sure about legality though, but I know that in general they are legal, although the reulations very from spot to spot
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: