pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Pier fishing near sacramento? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:49 am
aaa12345

Does anyone know if there's any where I can go for pier fishing near sacramento? Or do I have to go to the bay area?
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:27 am
Ken Jones

Some piers in or near the Delta—

Belden’s Landing Fishing Pier—How To Get There: From Hwy 12 just east of Fairfield/Suisun City, take Grizzly Island Road south as it wends its way to the Montezuma Slough Bridge.

Big Break Park and Pier—How To Get There: In Oakley, just east of Antioch. From Highway 4 (Main Street) exit in Oakley to Vintage Parkway, turn left, cross railroad tracks to Walnut Meadows. Turn right on Walnut Meadows, follow to Jordan Lane, turn left, and proceed one block.

Brannan Island Fishing Pier/Sevenmile Slough—How To get There: The park is on Highway 160 a few miles south of the city of Rio Vista in Sacramento County on the east side of the Sacramento River. The park is located on the lower peninsular extension of Brannan Island, and is surrounded by the Sacramento River on the west, Threemile Slough on the southeast, and Sevenmile Slough on the northeast. From Hwy 12, turn south onto Highway 160.

Collinsville Fishing Pier— How To Get There: From Hwy 12 west of Rio Vista, take Birds Landing Road to Birds Landing, then left on Collinsville Road for a short distance, then right onto Fire Truck Road to the park and pier on Montezuma Slough.

Isleton Fishing Dock—How To Get There: Take Hwy 12 east from Fairfield or west from Lodi and turn north onto Hwy 160 which is on the east side of the Rio Vista Bridge. The pier is located a few miles down the road in downtown Isleton.

Grizzly Island (3 piers)—How To Get There: From Hwy 12 just east of Fairfield/Suisun City, take Grizzly Island Road south as it wends its way to the Montezuma Slough Bridge. Continue on the road until you reach lot 6 and the three fishing piers, 9.7 miles from the bridge. Closed in the winter to non-hunters (mid-October-February).

Red Barn Fishing Pier/Grizzly Island/Montezuma Slough—How To Get There: Getting There: From Hwy 12 just east of Fairfield/Suisun City, take Grizzly Island Road south as it wends its way to the Montezuma Slough Bridge and onto Grizzly Island.

Rio Vista Fishing Pier—How To Get There: The pier is located near the west end of the Rio Vista Bridge (the Rio Vista side of the bridge). Going east on HY 12 take the last exit right before the bridge. Go one block until you see Front Street, turn left, and the entrance to the pier parking lot is approximately one half block on your right. Going west on HY 12 continue past the bridge until you can turn left safely. You can turn around and continue to the last exit or go through the downtown area until you hit Front Street. Turn left on Front Street and follow it to the pier parking lot.

Suisun City Fishing Pier—How To Get There: Located on Kellogg Street in Old Town Suisun City downstream of the city marina.

Westgate Landing Fishing Pier/Terminous—How To Get There: Take Hwy 12 west from Lodi or east from Fairfield; turn north off Hwy 12 onto Glasscock Road at Terminous, then proceed about one mile.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:54 am
fish_addict707

They're hittin too!
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:08 am
aaa12345

wow. That's a good list. THANKS!!
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:54 am
illcatchanything2

Ken, correct me if I am wrong, but dont most piers in the Delta require a license and 2nd rod stamp (if fishing with 2 rods)?. Just dont want to see anyone get into trouble.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:01 pm
aaa12345

so only ocean piers don't require license?...does anyone know if I buy an annual license now, does it actually last a year or does it only last till end of year?
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:49 pm
tranbaby2

an annual license lasts from jan 1st - dec 31st of that year. So you will need to purchase a new license after december 31st of this year if you plan on fishing in areas requiring licenses next year.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:04 am
illcatchanything2

Best bet right now (unless you are going to fish at spots where a license is required more than 4 times in the next 2 1/2 months is to buy a day license. If you think you are going to fish more than 4 times, might as well buy the regular license (day license is like $12.00 a day I think)
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:29 am
gudawg

illcatchanything2 wrote:
Ken, correct me if I am wrong, but dont most piers in the Delta require a license and 2nd rod stamp (if fishing with 2 rods)?. Just dont want to see anyone get into trouble.

not necessarily, if you google "bay delta striper maps" or go here,

( http://www.dfg.ca.gov/delta/stripedbass/maps.asp )

there are green tags for free sites, boat launch and public fishing piers/docks. Many will have signs that say public fishing access. These are fishable with 2 poles no license. I have the actual map they will send for free (waterproof!) on my wall. Its a great resource. hit the email us button and ask and they will send a map to you.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:02 am
Ken Jones

All of the Delta piers require a fishing license. As for the second rod stamp, I thought they had modified the law to allow its purchase and use in the Delta. However, I'm not sure. A friend recently received a ticket for using a second rod near the Napa River (not in the Delta). He had a 2nd rod stamp but was ticketed and told the stamp did not apply to that water. The warden was fairly curt (if not rude) and my friend plans to go to court to contest the ticket. My friend is a long time angler who has fished throughout the West and is also a very quiet, non-confrontational person. Both he, and I when I heard the story, were surprised at the treatment he received from the warden. Bottom line, be careful on the second rod stamp.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:43 am
aaa12345

The information is a little confusing...gudawg said it doesn't need a license in some area and post a link to DFG that list 'Free' sites but does 'Free' means you can access that site for free or does it means you don't need a license...just want to make sure Smile
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:44 am
Ken Jones

You need a fishing license if inside the Martinez Bridge. Technically it's inside the Carquinez Bridge but they seem to enforce inside the Martinez Bridge. I'm not aware of any exceptions to this rule other than the two free fishing days a year. These piers are public and free (excepting those in state parks) but free does not extend to not needing a license.
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:19 pm
aaa12345

Thx for clarifying!!!
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: