pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> garage sale... [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:56 pm
dsrtegl

Sorry....Keeping the high end stuff and getting rid of the solid and reliable old school reels like 209, 309, 60, 285, 85, classic boat reels for the most part.

Derek
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:14 pm
2d

James, I thought wrong and don't have a penn levelwind in my garage, but I have an old longbeach that would love a new, caring home. anyone want it? it needs some tlc but it works.
matti2d@yahoo.com
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:58 am
grammar police

Neil,

After failing misserably with my 6501 C3 laced with 12# throwing sub 1oz grubs/swim bait, I have come to the conclusion that I need a back-up spinning setup for perching. So tackle ho, hook me up.

Let me know what you got. Also planning a trip to SG after work tomorrow to throw some with Angel.

I really don't want to go buy new. I have some much stuff already!
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:01 am
grammar police

2d wrote:
James, I thought wrong and don't have a penn levelwind in my garage, but I have an old longbeach that would love a new, caring home. anyone want it? it needs some tlc but it works.
matti2d@yahoo.com

Matt,

If the long beach reel has a reel clamp, or holes for one, I'd be interested. Looking for a boat reel for a deckhand rod (cork wrapped).

Let me know. ...also what size is it?
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 1:03 pm

gotcha playa.

check your email.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:13 pm
mel

Just to revive this thread, I might want to add that I'm in the market for a cheap digital camera. I prefer a cheap, easy to use pre owned one, but a good one. Is there such a thing? But then I heard that the prices of new ones are dropping now too so maybe if you guys have any suggestions?
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:42 pm
gyozadude

mel wrote:
Just to revive this thread, I might want to add that I'm in the market for a cheap digital camera. I prefer a cheap, easy to use pre owned one, but a good one. Is there such a thing? But then I heard that the prices of new ones are dropping now too so maybe if you guys have any suggestions?

Check out the 3Mpix Kodak CX-7330. A pretty good cam for $99. 3X optical zoom too!
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1104393&CatId=126

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:47 pm
gyozadude

Mel:

Here's another camera. $109. Cheaper brand, still 3MPix, and no optical zoom. But has underwater case.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=988957&CatId=126

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:00 pm
mel

Good deals! I think I'll go with the Kodak? It doesn't have an underwater case (which I would love to have) but at least it's a brand name. I guess the Tigerdirect guys are ok as far as ordering stuff?
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:43 pm
red fish

1014 wrote:
come on mel. we could use this page on several levels. some folks are looking for deals and others are looking to unload gear not being used. some folks don't want to go thru the trouble with ebay or other on line sites. i've bought some items from certain folks on the board, simply because i've met them through here. we could always use this site to refer us to certain deals, such as g-dude referring the few of us of the guy he buys drying motors from. furthermore tho, we also have to lay the brick down that this is on everyone's one discretion. if they trust folks then hook up, if not, just don't blame the site.

I got an awesome deal on a 4500B Baitrunner from UncleSteve that was in pristine condition. And, actually only fished once (no scratches then). The guy has all top-shelf equipment. If you get something from me, you know it has taken down many a fish and is a true work-horse if still standing.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:46 pm
red fish

dsrtegl wrote:
Sorry....Keeping the high end stuff and getting rid of the solid and reliable old school reels like 209, 309, 60, 285, 85, classic boat reels for the most part.

Derek

Whoa, 285, isn't that an old DelMar!
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:30 pm
red fish

dompfa ben wrote:
I'm always on the lookout for 6/0 Newells. I have several Penn 113H reels with Accurate frames on them that I might trade for the right Newell 6/0.

I have had luck picking up things on E-bay (most of which is misrepresented with crap like "never been fished" or "used once"...BS...), and then cleaning and giving them a complete teardown: the ol' denatured alcohol bath for parts, dremel brush when necessary, regrease and new drags. It's done when the spool will spin when you blow on it Smile

So...who's gotta 6/0 Newell? Smile

Ben, I am a Newell fan and the owner of a 454-C recommended for me by an employee at Bay Tackle, Richmond, Ca. The reel actually got stolen and I bought it back from someone who received stolen merchandise from what they told me. I saw it being fished on Berkeley Pier like a year and a half after it was taken from me. $125 later, I was reunited with my reel. I was blessed as I won about $100 at last year's MMD that helped pay for its return. I got someone looking out for me above which adds at least 50 points to my IQ Wink

The Newell has been the best casting reel for me. I got a closeout on the now discontinued model for $150.00 out the door. I am not sure whether Carl Newell makes two-speeds? I have "tamed the shrew" or fish with that reel Smile You have the TLD-30, that thing is legendary. I hear the Avet two-speeds are becoming legendary. The Newell is the champ at being light-weight and easy, long-casting. I don't know if the new ones are as solid according to John that sold me mine (and does reel repair). Maybe Alantani has an opinion on the New Newell?
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:41 pm
gyozadude

Mel:

Here's another camera. $109. Cheaper brand, still 3MPix, and no optical zoom. But has underwater case.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=988957&CatId=126

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:34 am
grammar police

Was given a Garcia/Mitchell 624 MH (Bait casting/trolling reel) Made in France. Not alot of info regarding this reel on the internet.

This thing looks fairly old, but has never been fished. So I have been told. It actually looks it too. Everything works like a dream and functions properly. I am scared to take it apart with out having diagrams nor any other info for that matter.

Not sure how much use I have for it. Anyone thinking they could use it more or have an old rod/classic they'd like to pair this antique (mid 70s) reel with let me know.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:59 am
mel

Also, now that I acquired a 555 and had my Jigmaster tricked out, I have a Squidder sitting around collecting dust. Both the 555 and Jigmaster can handle anything that the Squidder can. It's not in the best condition, (like most of my other stuff), but it works.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 2 of 2  Page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: