pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> SandDeb [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:15 am
fishmandude

Does anyone have any good recipe on sanddab? Thanks.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:54 am
illcatchanything2

Clean them, cut the head off, season inside and out, and bake them whole. When done, peel or scrape the skin off and just eat the meat right off the bones. Just be careful of the small bones.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 4:50 pm
frozendog

fishmandude wrote:
Does anyone have any good recipe on sanddab? Thanks.

Yes. If they are big enough, filet them. If not, cut the head off, gut and scale. Then dip in beaten egg and roll in Italian bread crumbs. Then saute lightly in butter - they don't take long. If you have some extra parsesan cheese, add it to the bread crumbs. This basic method works on any fish - filet or whole. Sanddabs were the first fish I ever prepared that my wife liked. She never ate fish before she met me. Now she likes all the fish that I prepare.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:19 am
jgy

My method. Prepare as above. Roll in flour/pepper/salt mixture, dip in water (yes, water), then roll in flour mixture again and pan fry until golden brown on each side. Squeeze a little bit of lemon on top. This is the way I deep fry chicken. Tried it on sanddabs the other day and it turned out great.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: