Location: Pasadena, CA
|I realize it's a sacrifice of time and money, but if the public doesn't stand up for their rights then the enviros will simply take everything they can get.
Some thoughts from my experience:
- Put aside the small differences and stay united (commerical/recreational, shore/kayak/boat/spearo, etc.)
- Plan ahead--check out the list of upcoming meetings and make sure you get the day off from work, if possible
- Get in touch with your local leaders and get on their mailing list--know the speaking points ahead of time
- You don't have to represent the whole coast--focus your energies on your specific area but be mindful of any compromises you'll need to make for other areas
- write! send letters to the BRTF, your local representatives, etc.