pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> stripers in the bay [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:34 pm
big one

hello everyone,

I've been hearing stories about the amount of stripers in san pablo bay. I recently bought a boat and is wondering what locations are good for stipers.
Also, what bait and tackle should i use?
Do people still use live anchovies in this area?
Any help would be great.
Thanks in advance!

~big one
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:52 am
big one

Does anyone have any info for me?!
Please!
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:17 pm
notsosmart

Songslinger has a web site of his own. He has info on striper. You may want to check.
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2005 7:42 pm
mel

Launch at Loch Lomond. Make sure you bring lots of cash, as they don't take checks or credit cards, and pick up live shiners there. Tell Keith I said hello, launch your boat and head make a right turn and head for the San Quentin, Paradise area. Drift your shiners all along the shoreline there, and in Paradise Cay, which is between Paradise Pier and the prison. Should be good for stripers and bonus halibuts now. Do some research, find the spots around Alcatraz or Angel Island. If one prison doesn't produce, go to the other. Just make sure you don't stay.haha.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 12:03 pm
big one

mel wrote:
Launch at Loch Lomond. Make sure you bring lots of cash, as they don't take checks or credit cards, and pick up live shiners there. Tell Keith I said hello, launch your boat and head make a right turn and head for the San Quentin, Paradise area. Drift your shiners all along the shoreline there, and in Paradise Cay, which is between Paradise Pier and the prison. Should be good for stripers and bonus halibuts now. Do some research, find the spots around Alcatraz or Angel Island. If one prison doesn't produce, go to the other. Just make sure you don't stay.haha.

Thanks for the info. I hope my 14 foot fiberglass will stay afloat around the alcatraz area. Guess we'll never know until we try. How is the area left of Loch Lomond? I think the waters are safer over there. (I cant swim that well)
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:24 pm
red fish

If you have a small boat, Keith Fraser usually lets "skiffs" launch for half-price which is $10.00. Regular boats are $20.00. Down the road from there, maybe another 7 miles down San Pedro past Mc Near's is Buck's Landing which charges $5 at their little mud-flat landing (that includes parking). You can also launch at Bullhead Rock near China Camp if you have a "skiff." No fee for launching but if you park in the little lot at Bullhead, you are supposed to put money in the box for parking, $5 I believe or you can launch, and park on the street for free if space is available. Bigger boats launch out of Richmond Harbor, was free, now $5 in the last 3 three years. If you had a bigger boat, I would say Buoy 5, but places like the "Rockpile" or Loch Lomond Harbor, near Mc Near's China Camp, Rat Rock can all produce fish. Get current reports from Keith Fraser, etc..
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:19 pm
kastmaster

If you wanna take your boat to San Pablo bay, buy a fish&map co. map of the san francisco bay and look for the brothers and sisters islands. Tide is still key on a boat.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:30 pm
big one

I'd like to thank everyone for all the information.
It's really helpful knowing the different launch areas in san pablo bay.

By chance, do you guys have contact info for the lauch places?

BTW, Do we just drop live anchovies and drift them?
thanks!

~big one
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: