pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Beer Battered Trout Tacos [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:39 pm
KO Fishing

This is one of the recipes I do when I go camping in the Sierra's. It would work for most light, flaky fish such as: cod, rock fish, halibut, etc.

Trout Fillets (de-boned, This is reserved for the larger trout over 14/15 inches)
Bottle of beer (pale ale or IPA works best, but any will do. Experiment)
Krusteaz, or other "just add water" pancake mix.
Flour
Salt
Pepper
Peanut Oil

Corn tortillas
Cabbage
Cilantro
Cotija cheese
Lime
Whatever else you would enjoy on a taco.

1 Mix pancake mix and beer (a bit at a time) to a consistency just a little thinner than the package directions, or eyeball it. Set aside. (I'll do this at home before I go camping, to save time)
2 Mix flour with salt and pepper to taste.
3 Dredge fillets in the flour and tap off the excess.
4 Dip fillets in the beer batter and drop immediately into skillet with preheated oil (med./high). Flip if necessary and cook until batter is golden brown.
5 Place cooked fish on paper towel to soak off excess oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
6 Prepare tacos topped with anything you like but don't forget the lime, that's crucial (unless you just don't like it) Finish off with your favorite hot sauce (my home made habanero stuff is the best) and crack open another beer.

Eat, sweat, drink... repeat.

Enjoy!

Kyle

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:42 pm
santa

OOOOOHHH! Major salavation attack. Gonna try on some fresh Rockies I just caught on the Cattle boat. Thanks
PostPosted: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:30 pm
fshndiva

We make fish tacos and use that shrimp batter stuff or some italian seasoning as batter and it gives it a great taste. Add some cabbage, spicy carrots..mmm mm mmmm.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: