pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> tom hryniuk's 146 squidder frames and side plates [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:02 pm
alantani

tom hryniuk's 146 squidder frames and side plates - being in this business, i've met some pretty extraordinary people. tom hryniuk is one of them. he's a machinist. look at what he made!!!!!!

i think he made up a dozen or so. very impressive stuff, and for sale. send him an e-mail it you're interested in buying one. his email address is tomhryniuk at hotmail dot com. part of the reason for posting this stuff is to show you what a guy can do in a machine shop with a little spare time. i know there are more of you out there. get to work and let's see what you can do!!!!! alan

Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:06 pm
FishermanDan

Very nice! Inspirational too. Wish I had a machine shop and some spare time. And I don't think I want to know how much he wants for one. The question I do have though, is how well that reel is made, in terms of quality, strength, durability. I guess the only way to know is to go fishing. No questions as to the appearance and appeal. It sure is a beauty! Thanks for sharing Alan.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:25 pm
billfishhead

and i thought i was going to try to get a machinist to make some 706 rotating heads and doorknob handles
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:10 pm
mel

FishermanDan wrote:
The question I do have though, is how well that reel is made, in terms of quality, strength, durability. I guess the only way to know is to go fishing. No questions as to the appearance and appeal. It sure is a beauty! Thanks for sharing Alan.

It's a piece of art. A very sturdy piece of art. I just need to catch something big on it to put it through the test.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 12:29 pm
FishermanDan

Well Mel, there aren't too many poeple who can put a reel to the test like you. I think its safe to say that reel found a good home, and will catch plenty of fish. If you ever find your bait cooler that is, Wink. What pound line did you spool it up with?
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 1:43 pm
mel

FishermanDan wrote:
Well Mel, there aren't too many poeple who can put a reel to the test like you. I think its safe to say that reel found a good home, and will catch plenty of fish. If you ever find your bait cooler that is, Wink. What pound line did you spool it up with?

So that was you that tried to hide my cooler? Ha!

The reel came spooled with 50 lb Power Pro.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:25 pm
JellyFish

now thats art haha
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: