pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Fish, onion and potato pie [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:15 pm
frozendog

This aint no Marie Callendar's type pie. Sound wierd, tastes good! Especially in the winter.
This is a reprint from the old board - with some new additions.

Made a few changes - that's part of the fun of cooking. I marinated my fish in the pyrex bowl I cooked it in. I added extra olive oil so the potatoes wouldn't stick and also give a little more flavor. Marinated in the oil, added salt, pepper, some Emerils seasoning and some Chef Paul's Poultry Magic which is a nice blend of herbs. Also, used two onions instead of one - more onions never hurts anything. I left some room to add some shrimp, but I had forgotten that I already had eaten the shrimp - oops, next time. You can cut back on the butter or margarine and add some chicken broth.

I served the pie with sliced pears. I had some nice crunchy ret bartlets marinated in a bottled raspberry vinagarette. You couldn't bite into them, but sliced thin and marinated, they were great - real cruncy texture. Also made the fresh asparagus below.

I'm going to make this dish again tomorrow night with some cabezon - see how it comes out.

I really like this recipe board. You can go back and refer to your own old recipes as well as others. Don't have to depend on the old memory.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:35 pm
illcatchanything2

Sounds great!!! Thanks for sharing. Looks like a good one to try with shark filet's.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:06 pm
santa

YUM! Tried it with some Rock Cod. GREAT! Now i'm gonna try it with some batray!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 10:23 pm
clayman

About a year ago I brought some rockfish to my mom's place, and she cooked it very similar to this recipe. I remember it was AWESOME. I really need to try this recipe, I've been slackin on trying new ways to cook my rockfish. Thanks for the post FD.
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:19 am
CRASS

i bet thats absolutely killer! ill definately have to give it a try.. i bet chili sauce is good on top, too!

كافر
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:21 pm
frozendog

santa wrote:
YUM! Tried it with some Rock Cod. GREAT! Now i'm gonna try it with some batray!

I'm really curious to see how it comes out with batray. If you do it, let us know.

And to Clayman: Just do it! Cook, baby, Cook!

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: