pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> HEDDON reel part needed!! [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:43 pm
fishlady

I have an old, but hardly used HEDDON heavy duty spinning reel that needs the screw/top that holds down the spool and adjusts the drag. I'll need to get it out to let you know the number of it, I know it starts with a 2 with 2 more numbers after that. It's color is a blue/green tone. I stopped using it when after about the 4th or 5th time I used it the top fell off and into the water, never to be seen again. If you think you may have a screw/top/drag for my reel let me know. I'll have the number of the reel tomorrow.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:07 am
illcatchanything2

fishlady wrote:
I have an old, but hardly used HEDDON heavy duty spinning reel that needs the screw/top that holds down the spool and adjusts the drag. I'll need to get it out to let you know the number of it, I know it starts with a 2 with 2 more numbers after that. It's color is a blue/green tone. I stopped using it when after about the 4th or 5th time I used it the top fell off and into the water, never to be seen again. If you think you may have a screw/top/drag for my reel let me know. I'll have the number of the reel tomorrow.

Send a PM to Alan Tani, he is the man when it comes to reels.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:05 pm
fishlady

Ok, I found my reel and it is a HEDDON 283. I need part #'s: R283-34 (drag knob), R283-33 (drag washer retaining "R" ring), R283-32 (drag washer [G]) and R283-31 (drag washer [F]). I'm sure I could get away with just the drag knob because I know I'd find the washers anywhere. I can't use it like it is, but if I can't get the part and someone wants to buy it as an antique, just let me know and we might make a deal.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:18 am
alantani

for a reel that old, it would be nothing less than an incredible stroke of luck to find the knob. washers from another reel might fit, but the know will be hard. i have very little in the way of old spinning reel parts. here is the link for other tackle boards, someone there might have something. good luck! alan

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=53.0

Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 3:05 pm
fishlady

I will try the link! Hope it works for me, thank you for your efforts as they are greatly appreciated!
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:32 pm
fishlady

OK, I can see I may be in trouble trying to get this part. Everyone I've talked to can't seem to be of help or don't know anyone who can help me. I didn't think it would be so hard to find this drag knob. Oh well....
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 7:33 pm
fishlady

fishlady wrote:
I will try the link! Hope it works for me, thank you for your efforts as they are greatly appreciated!

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: