pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> What is the difference between Shimano BaitR B and original? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:48 pm
expo23

I know i have been posting alot about reels. I am sorry if i am annoying you guys. I like to research a ton before purchasing. I been searching online about the differences and i found two.

1. Anti rust bearing
2. Anti reverse is available on B series (i know this allows more line to go out for the bait runner option correct?)

quoted on another forum

"Not 100% but I have hear that there were issues with the earlier models, so when those were fixed it became the b series. Anti-reverse was one item. I have heard people say the b's are a more balance as well. All mine are b series, so this is just what I heard...."

"The latest 6500 reels are very similar to the first models, only difference: better ball bearings (non-corosive type) and its now water proof, no water can get in under the spool."

Are these the only two differences? I guess i would like someones experiences with both reels.

is it worth it to buy the first series?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:36 pm
tackleholic

Everything you mentioned, but besides the anti-reverse, the B's have a more balanced spool so you don't feel wobble when you turn the handle, the older one's you can feel the wobble. Forgot what this feature is called, but common on most spinning reels now. The B's are also larger than the older models, the 3500, 4500, 6500, seem much bigger than the older counterparts, both in the body and spool. The older series baitrunner spools are not interchangeable with the B series. That's about all I can think of, I'm sure there's more internal differences.
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 1:30 am
expo23

thanks. yeah i decided not to deal with models that aren't B series.
PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: