pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> REEL BABY REEL!!!!!!!!!!!! [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:04 pm
Kumho

Is a Millionaire-s Bait casting reel from Diawa good or bad for shark fishing?
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:03 am
illcatchanything2

Kumho wrote:
Is a Millionaire-s Bait casting reel from Diawa good or bad for shark fishing?

I have never used one, but I looked up the specs and I would say it should be alright, althoough the line capacity is a little low if you want big sharks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:45 am
gyozadude

Millionaire-S reels cast great, but are mostly plastic and thin metal. Not the most durable feeling of reels, but like anything, if you take care of it, it'll do okay. Cosmetically, the metal plating is aluminum I think and thin and soft. Have a rod fall over and the reel will scratch. so don't buy it for looks because if you use it, it'll probably look bad after just transport in the back of a bouncing pickup truck!

I've seen some of these reels go for about $32.99 for the S-300 model which has clicker. This is clearly a closeout and if it's out of state (no immediate sales tax) and if shipping is reasonable, then, yes, it's a decent value. Actually quite nice for light rockfish and salmon mooching if you don't need to worry about depth too much. Drag is fairly smooth too. I haven't used one for months on end in salt and keep my reels dry so I don't know the corrosion resistance of this reel. But it should be fine if you clean and dry and store it in a low humidity place. I wouldn't pay more than $60 total including shipping for this.

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: