pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Asian Fish Recipes? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 3:14 am
polishfromthedeep

I have always wanted a good Asian style fish recipe, something served on a bed of rice. I just want to have a go-to recipe if i ever feel like Asian seafood.

My mom has been bugging my lately to make her something when she craves Chinese food.I know there are some guys that could help me out on here... so thanks in advance Smile

Types of fish i want to use: shark, monkeyfaced eel, rockfish, perch, and halibut.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:34 am
illcatchanything2

Sweet And Sour Trout
Serves : 3
Preparation time : 5 minutes
Cooking time : 12-15 minutes

Ingredients :

8-9 oz. trout
Sprinkle pepper
Pinch salt
Good pinch Ve-Tsin
1 beaten egg
2 tablespoons self-raising flour
2 tablespoons thinly sliced boiled carrots
3 slices raw cucumber
Fairly hot deep peanut oil

Sweet-sour sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
Pinch each salt and pepper
Good pinch Ve-Tsin
3 tablespoons malt vinegar
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon tomato ketchup
Scant 1/4 pint ( U.S. 5/8 cup) water
1 teaspoon cornflour
1 dessertspoon water

Method :

Ask the fishmonger to scrape the trout and remove the insides through the gills, leaving the head on. Sprinkle inside and out with the pepper, salt and Ve-Tsin. Beat the egg. Have the flour ready on a plate. Cut the sliced carrots into thin strips. Slice the unpeeled cucumber and cut nicks all round the slices.
Coat the trout all over with the egg and then pass it through the flour. Lower the fish the fish into the hot oil (350-360 F or 176-182 C) remembering that it is raw and must be cooked all through without being browned too quickly. Give it 12-15 minutes.
While the fish is cooking, make the sauce. Mix together the first 7 ingredients. Bring to the boil. Stir in the cornflour, blended with the water and boil for 2 minutes while stirring. Add the prepared vegetables and heat through. Place the drained trout on a heated deep dish. Pour the sauce and vegetable over it and serve.

I have tried this one with Leopard Shark. It was very Good. BTW, I had no idead what Ve-Tsin was, so I just omitted it, it still tasted great. Also, I cut the shark into bite sized pieces and mix the sauce in.

original recipe from www.asianfood-recipes.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:10 pm
iamfisherman

ingredients:
-1/2 cup pineapple juice
-1/2 cup orange juice
-1/3 cup soy sauce
-3 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
-2 tablespoons oriental sesame oil
-1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-4 6-ounce sea bass, halibut, or any white meat fish fillet you desire

prep:
mix first 6 ingredients in a baking dish and marinate the fish fillets for bout 2 hours.

take fish out and and save the marinade, put fish in a nonstick baking pan and broil until fish is brown or to your liking.

boil and reduce the marinade until it can coat a spoon.

pour over fish and enjoy with rice...
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:37 pm
beginners_LUCK

do you like chicken or pork adobo(filipino food), if youre open minded look up squid adobo recipes. i just cooked some recently and "some", the sashimi, oyster eating open minded of my friends like it...
PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:19 pm
santa

Check out the Cambodian recipe on the Bat Ray CD I gave you. Works for all fish.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:29 pm
tackleholic

Here's a simple,and I mean simple recipe for fish steamed Chinese style. Just a pan with a lid large enough to fit your fish or fishes, fill up maybe 1/2" with water. Throw in a few pieces of chopped ginger into the water for flavor and maybe a couple pieces of green onion and bring the water to a light boil. Put your rockfish, sheephead, bass, whatever white flesh fish you like to eat into the pan, cover, cook over medium heat until that side is done through, flip it over to the other side carefully so it doesn't fall apart, cook the same as the first.

While it's cooking, make a mixture of soy sauce and sesame oil. You can do 50/50, or since sesame oil is really strong, maybe 50 percent soy sauce, 25 percent sesame oil, and 25 percent peanut or other vegetable oil. Bring this to a light boil in a small saucepan, not too much or the soysauce will burn. After your fish is done, carefully put it onto a large serving plate. Spoon the hot soy-sesame sauce over the fish liberally. Garnish the top with plenty of fresh green onion slices. Add any chili oil to your taste to the sauce if you'd like, everyone has different taste.

Serve with white rice, (I don't think it will go good with french fries) or whatever else you'd like to go along with it, Chinese family-style, spoon on some of the extra sauce that has surrounded the fish onto your portion of fish to your taste.

Simple but pretty good.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: