pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
>> Ecotrust interviews [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:12 pm
BigJoe

By now everyone has been sent an email and follow-up email that the Ecotrust recreational fisherman interview process is nearing the end. This survey is the way to provide the data needed by the RSG to attempt to keep areas of economic impact (heavily used) open to fishing activities. If you signed up please complete the survey, I know it is not the easiest thing to do, but how important is fishing to you?

Here are some up to date statistics I received yesterday:

Total individuals signed up: 1111
Individuals whom completed: 298

Here is the breakdown by activity please note more than one activity can be done by an individual.

Activity | Signed up | Completed | Percent completed
----------+-------------+-------------+---------------------
Dive | 370 | 120 | 32%
Boater | 791 | 184 | 23%
Surf/Pier | 505 | 123 | 24%
Kayak | 330 | 121 | 37%
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:28 pm
Ken Jones

Please note that pier anglers will always be under represented since many of our anglers are non-English speakers.
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:02 pm
BigJoe

Ken Jones wrote:
Please note that pier anglers will always be under represented since many of our anglers are non-English speakers.

Thanks Ken,
I am well aware of that fact as are most of the people envolved with the MLPA. Still only 24% of the people whom signed up to be interviewed have taken the time to complete the task, that is not very encouraging. I completed both my Boater and Pier/shore interviews.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: