pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Pesto Topped Fillet [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 1:26 am
norcalrod

This recipe works the best with the heavier fishies. I've only tried this with Salmon and Halibut. I guess lingcod and cabezons could work out with this one.

When I can take short cuts I do. Season up the fillet with salt and pepper. I like garlic, so I mince up some and spread it over the fillets. Coat the fillet with a fair portion of jarred Pesto Sauce. I like basil pesto, but with the white fleshed fish, I guess you could use a tomato based pesto.

I like to preheat an oven to 350 degrees. On a oven safe skillet med (6 on my glass top), I heat up some olive oil, enough to coat the skillet. Place the fillet in the pan, fry it up till you see 1/3-1/2 the fish cooked up (measure the time it took to cook to this point). Turn off the stove top, place the skillet in the oven for the same amount of time it took to cook to the 1/3-1/2 point on the stove top. The difference is if you like you fish on the rare side or med/well side.

When you take the fish out of the oven, let it rest in the skillet for 3-5 minutes. Plate with what ever starch and veggies you like. With salmon, I like a light olive oil, basil, parmasian cheese, bowtie pasta. Steamed broccoli on the side, good to go.
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:16 am
eelmaster

That sounds good.

Easy pesto is as follows:

lots of fresh basil leaves.
a few pine nuts
salt
pepper
fresh roasted garlic
olive oil

Suff the basil, pine nuts, and garlic into a blender. Turn onto emulsify and drizzle the oil until the desired consistancy is reached. add salt and pepper to taste.

Note: I've also done this with cilantro instead of basil. also tasty.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:25 am
polishfromthedeep

Nice and healthy too.... mmmmmmm.
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: