|California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative Announcement
Who: MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team for the MLPA South Coast Study Region
What: First meeting (administrative with no actions) and draft agenda (see below)
When: September 10, 2008 at 11:00 a.m.
Where: via teleconference and webinar. Members of the public may also join MLPA staff in Sacramento or Los Alamitos for the teleconference. See below for more details regarding public locations and toll-free calling information.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative
Master Plan Science Advisory Team for the South Coast Study Region
Administrative Meeting Agenda
(revised August 29, 2008 )
Wednesday September 10, 2008
via teleconference 11:00 a.m.
Toll free phone number for audio: 800.974.2163 (passcode is 8127186#)
Presentations via GoToWebinar: https://www1.gotomeeting.com/register/906846273
For in-person teleconference and webinar access the public may join staff at:
Resources Building *
1416 Ninth Street, Room 1206
Sacramento, CA 95814
California Department of Fish and Game *
4665 Lampson Avenue, Suite C
Los Alamitos, CA 90720
Members of the public are invited to listen to the meeting using the toll-free phone number and passcode, or may use the MLPA offices listed above for access. This agenda may be found on the MLPA website at www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/meetings_sc.asp.
* Welcome new MLPA Master Plan Science Advisory Team ( SAT ) members
* Receive an introduction to the MLPA Initiative process and players
* Receive an introduction to open meeting requirements and how they apply to the SAT
* Review SAT charter, operating guidelines and meeting timeline
* Receive briefing on the science guidance adopted in the California Marine Life Protection Act Master Plan for Marine Protected Areas
* Receive briefing on the marine protected area (MPA) evaluation methods developed in the central coast and north central coast processes of the MLPA Initiative
1. Welcome, introductions and review of agenda
2. Marine Life Protection Act Initiative process and players
3. Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act
5.Science guidance in the California Marine Life Protection Act Master Plan for Marine Protected Areas
6.MLPA North Central Coast MPA evaluation methods
7.Public comment (public comment will be taken at approximately 1:00 p.m.)
* This facility is accessible to persons with disabilities. To request reasonable accommodations for a disability, please contact California Relay Service (at least two days prior to the meeting) at 800.735.2929 (TT) or 800.735.2922 (voice) and ask them to contact the California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative at 916.653.5656.
Support UPSAC! Preserve pier and shore angling in California.