Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Oceanside Pier update [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:08 am
Ken Jones

http://kenjonesfishing.com/2016/11/oceanside-pier/
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:04 pm
mav

Nice read! One of my favorite piers, though I haven't fished there in years due to the long drive and no guaranteed parking. Good variety of fish. After catching my bonito limit, I'd fish for good sized rock wrasse on the left side close to the end of the pier using worms. My brother even came home with a #10 bonito that looked more like a tuna. (Yea, I know. Tchnically they are.)

The surfer vs fishermen situation DOES irk me. I can no longer even fish the shore during the day at Imperial Beach pier. The surfers are always breaking the rules hanging out under the pier and the fishermen get punnished. I see lifeguards allow it because they are usually friends with surfers and are usually surfers themselves. It's also easier to pick on the fishermen on the pier than a surfer in the water. We never had that problem in the past because people actually obeyed the rules. The sign actually use to say to stay 150 feet away from the pier. Who's bright idea was it to change it to 20!? I swear it seems like the city of Imperial Beach is trying to get rid of the people that fish the pier.

Anyway, on another note, one day at Ocean Side pier there was a jet skier with a knife and he drove by cutting all the fishing lines, flippn' birds. Maybe, one of them surfers. It pissed everybody off.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:11 pm
Ken Jones

Anglers vs. surfers: an ongoing problem.
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: