Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Blackperch update [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 6:12 pm
Ken Jones

http://kenjonesfishing.com/2014/11/blackperch/
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:58 am
songslinger

Great pictures. Glad you updated with your grandson's perch. Those colorful bars... This species has more shades than any other fish I can think of. I've caught some huge pogies with iridescent purple hues and others that were slate gray and with no trace of bars across their sides. Never one with albinism, however: that one looks like a Hawaiian fish, close to a to'au.

Pound for pound, black perch are mighty fighters, a real joy on light tackle. If they grew to be 5# they would be tough to land.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:54 am
Ken Jones

I agree with your assessment, one of my favorite perch and pretty interesting color variations. Too bad they don't get as big as the rubberlips.
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:57 pm
mav

I use to love pulling them out of jetty rock holes with a stiff pistol grip rod. Sadly, I'm too old for that now. Lol
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:07 pm
Ken Jones

mav wrote:
I use to love pulling them out of jetty rock holes with a stiff pistol grip rod. Sadly, I'm too old for that now. Lol

They say you're never too old but I too have pretty much cut out fishing on jetty's and rocky areas unless I'm confident they are safe. I hate to admit I'm not as spry as once but it happens. No problem on the piers but when I see those pictures from the central coast and Mendocino I'm reminded how much fun fishing the rocks can be.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:16 pm
mav

Ken Jones wrote:
mav wrote:

They say you're never too old but I too have pretty much cut out fishing on jetty's and rocky areas unless I'm confident they are safe. I hate to admit I'm not as spry as once but it happens. No problem on the piers but when I see those pictures from the central coast and Mendocino I'm reminded how much fun fishing the rocks can be.

Yes,when I see those pictures. I think back on how fun it was.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: