pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Surf fishing the SMC [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:47 pm
charro

I had the day off yesterday and wanted to try a different venue than my usual Marin surf. Went to one of the San Mateo Coast beaches where I have done well previously. The surf looked alright, but 1.5 oz on the Carolina rigged grub got swept across the beach real quick. Headed down the beach seeking calmer water and I quickly found a classic "hole" in the surf area. I had been getting some pecks earlier but now at the hole I got hit right away and pulled in a nice 10" BSP. Kept on getting hit in this same hole for the next couple hours until it was time to go, just as the tide was starting to go out. The last hit was super solid and whatever it was broke me off. I can't remember the last time a fish broke me off, so it had to be something big.

Total of 7 perch from 8-10". Quite a blast on a beautiful day on the SMC.

PS. When Rebop mentioned he had caught a perch, and he seemed pretty thrilled by it, I had no idea he had caught it in a snare, which makes sense now given how happy he was about it.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:50 pm
Rebop

Whatever broke you off I think hit me too. Felt like someone was smacking the end of my rod with a hammer then it was gone.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:32 pm
YoungAsianFisher

Possibly a striper hit your bait. Iíve heard of reports of some striper action in the surf now. Not much but some!
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: