pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Where would you go? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:50 am
tlinca512

Hi Anglers-- Fishing conditions look to be good. Where would you go if you you had the day off tomorrow 12/18?
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:57 am
Sofa King

Crab cod combo P@#ty b*@t style,
Sturgeon on the delta.
Crab on the beach.
Perch all along the Marin coast.
Trout in all the planter ponds.
But I personally do the B*@t thing.

Early to bed, Early to rise, fish all day, make up lies
<*}}}}}}}}}><
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:59 pm
smelt4bait

Wellllll…. With the short notice (just saw the post at 8PM on the 17th) I quickly looked at the tides and see a beautiful high tide at 8:37 tomorrow morning and a nice negative tide at 3:10 in the afternoon.

With that info it’s a no brainer to head to the local pier (Huntington Beach) before daylight to make some 4 to 6 inch smelt or mini macs for bait. Using some old bread I store in the garage freezer just for that, I’ll use an umbrella net and Sabiki to fill my bucket with a dozen or more. Then use those to fish the surf for halibut.

Now this always brings up the grey area of the DFG rules where you can’t take live bait to another body of water. So is moving bait caught off the pier and moved down the coast a couple miles really “another body of water”? The “ocean” definition is pretty clear. Anyways, this is another topic to ponder another day and post.

With the off shore Santa Ana wind still blowing the conditions at the beach will be superb all day, Therefore I will bring the wetsuit and pitchfork to wade the sandbars during the low tide for some Pismo clams.

A good plan for a successful day fishing with the expectation of one or more keeper halibut and nearly a limit of big old Pismo clams for chowder. No matter what, a far better day than having to go to work, Which reminds me, 3:45 comes quick and I got to go hit the sack. Maybe I’ll catch a big one in my dreams.

Erik
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: