Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:07 am
songslinger

Nicely done, Ken.
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 9:20 am
Mahigeer

I am glad to have met him. He was a gentleman.

Some of my dear friends at Balboa pier.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:16 am
red fish

A fine tribute indeed Ken!

The irony is that I was going to post a tribute (1) day prior to yours to BR. Then I thought, "Who is really going to share this but me."

I have dozens of pictures over the last (15) years on a tera-byte hard-drive of Rich, and I didn't take many for all those years.

I will share just these three that he took himself!

No long stories...just a brief recall for Mc whose birthday is the 15 of December (Clayton too).

Top Photo: David Harriman, professional artist, father-figure to Rich, and all-around good guy that took care of Rich.

Middle Photo: We'll call this one, "Big Rich Gets A Boat." A couple years before Rich moved from San Francisco to Vallejo, he bought a truck and a Bayliner boat (circa 2014) with a 125 Force engine with a move-out settlement he got for moving out. The truck ended up being a lot better than the boat. But, we did have a handful of outings before the "Force was not with us." Pictured is when we took a shark-trip out of San Leandro Marina and went all away across the bridge to the middle of the channel. Not a "14' foot sevengill" day but we did get over a half-dozen little gills at the channel with one big break-off (bitten through leader) for Rich (which only he knows what it was). We took PFIC member Alex Poon with us on this fantastic voyage. Pictured was when we got into a school of batrays on our way back in closer to the marina in San Leandro. Caught on a G-Dude boatrod at that!

Bottom Photo: Last but not least, Here is a photo of Rich's boat/trailer and truck with his sister, Roberta Coleman, standing in front of it when he brought it up to Shasta where she lives (it made it on the lake). Out of the few trips we had before the boat played out in 6 months, we had a few adventures. Adventures on the water that is, but not any real fish to speak of. The experience of Rich having a boat made me appreciate more what I accomplish off the shore/kayak. As Rich exclaimed when he purchased the boat, "We got a boat." And Rich is by far one of the best I have seen at navigating a boat and backing up a truck. Just shows she still have to know how to locate fish on the water and utilize the proper tactics to have the kind of outcome you desire, Nevertheless, I was able to experience the water instead of the bank. There is a certain freedom in just taking a bay/delta ride!

8 months of fishing the clouds...cheers my friend... I will dedicate my first "14-footer" to you I catch off the bank/kayak!

I figure here is a good a place as any because the people who responded for Mike also know BR.

br3.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.23 KB
 Viewed:  568 Time(s)

br3.jpg

br2.jpg
 Description:
Bat Ray In Da Boat
 Filesize:  39.74 KB

br2.jpg

br1.jpg
 Description:
Big Rich In Da Boat
 Filesize:  24.72 KB

br1.jpg

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:19 am
Ken Jones

Nice Robert, and thanks.
PostPosted: Yesterday at 7:16 am
red fish

red fish wrote:
A fine tribute indeed Ken!

The irony is that I was going to post a tribute (1) day prior to yours to BR. Then I thought, "Who is really going to share this but me."

I have dozens of pictures over the last (15) years on a tera-byte hard-drive of Rich, and I didn't take many for all those years.

I will share just these three that he took himself!

No long stories...just a brief recall for Mc whose birthday is the 15 of December (Clayton too).

Top Photo: David Harriman, professional artist, father-figure to Rich, and all-around good guy that took care of Rich.

Middle Photo: We'll call this one, "Big Rich Gets A Boat." A couple years before Rich moved from San Francisco to Vallejo, he bought a truck and a Bayliner boat (circa 2014) with a 125 Force engine with a move-out settlement he got for moving out. The truck ended up being a lot better than the boat. But, we did have a handful of outings before the "Force was not with us." Pictured is when we took a shark-trip out of San Leandro Marina and went all away across the bridge to the middle of the channel. Not a "14' foot sevengill" day but we did get over a half-dozen little gills at the channel with one big break-off (bitten through leader) for Rich (which only he knows what it was). We took PFIC member Alex Poon with us on this fantastic voyage. Pictured was when we got into a school of batrays on our way back in closer to the marina in San Leandro. Caught on a G-Dude boatrod at that!

Bottom Photo: Last but not least, Here is a photo of Rich's boat/trailer and truck with his sister, Roberta Coleman, standing in front of it when he brought it up to Shasta where she lives (it made it on the lake). Out of the few trips we had before the boat played out in 6 months, we had a few adventures. Adventures on the water that is, but not any real fish to speak of. The experience of Rich having a boat made me appreciate more what I accomplish off the shore/kayak. As Rich exclaimed when he purchased the boat, "We got a boat." And Rich is by far one of the best I have seen at navigating a boat and backing up a truck. Just shows she still have to know how to locate fish on the water and utilize the proper tactics to have the kind of outcome you desire, Nevertheless, I was able to experience the water instead of the bank. There is a certain freedom in just taking a bay/delta ride!

8 months of fishing the clouds...cheers my friend... I will dedicate my first "14-footer" to you I catch off the bank/kayak!

I figure here is a good a place as any because the people who responded for Mike also know BR.

Today, the 14th, is actually Rich’s Birthday and ICA’s as well (Brian Linebarger).
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: