PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:17 pm
Mahigeer

Well done.

Nice editing too.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 3:34 pm
Ken Jones

It was a DF&W video. I just happened to be there and they asked for a few remarks.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:13 pm
sphunfishing

Great video. Very informative.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:37 pm
Lugazzy

Excellent, very well done. Need more like this
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 7:34 am
Ken Jones

A spur of the moment video where they asked me to make some comments and it's obviously just a short "intro" to the subject. I would like to do a series of such videos and get into some detail but I don't have the equipment or technical know-how to do such videos. Maybe some day.
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 10:25 am
sphunfishing

I don't know anything about video editing, but if you need help with taking photos and photos editing, I can help.
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:26 pm
sea_forager

That was a great video, Ken. Explaining the different sections of the pier and how they relate to different species you might want to target was very informative.
PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 5:38 am
red fish

Ken Jones wrote:
A spur of the moment video where they asked me to make some comments and it's obviously just a short "intro" to the subject. I would like to do a series of such videos and get into some detail but I don't have the equipment or technical know-how to do such videos. Maybe some day.

Ken, great video. Appeared to be recent, as the date was October 2017? Your video was followed by another Passport video on rockfishing in Monterey Bay. The guy mentions current dates in the video. You can always document events with cell phone video (especially if you have a 64G storage). It is easy to edit with iMovie if you wish. Good enough for the Web.

Double post deleted.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:19 am
red fish

red fish wrote:
Ken Jones wrote:

Ken, great video. Appeared to be recent, as the date was October 2017? Your video was followed by another Passport video on rockfishing in Monterey Bay. The guy mentions current dates in the video. You can always document events with cell phone video (especially if you have a 64G storage). It is easy to edit with iMovie if you wish. Good enough for the Web.

Sorry for the double post (happens when you press “submit” when something already posted). Anyway, Ken you could use what you have. Your SLR with larger SD cards for video. You should script your segments a little too. No more than 10 minute segments and no more than 3 total segments. I have a Bogen Tripod you can use if you want to do “self-filming.” Your wife can do the editing. From doing that slide show she did, it should be no problem for her.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:11 am
Ken Jones

Robert, I did not do this video. I was down helping out at a DF&W class in San Clemente and they asked me to say a few words about pier fishing. There was a lady there from Fish and Wildlife and she filmed me talking for a few minutes. She then put together the video using my comments and other shots she had made. It's somewhat Greek to me and would be totally Greek to my wife.

I've wanted to do some "how to" videos for some time but want them to be high quality (unlike some YouTube videos) so am concerned that they be done "right." Perhaps you have the equipment and know how? I'll call you.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:19 pm
dompfa ben

That turned out nice, Ken! And hey, you got my DOMPFA shirt in the background Smile

There is something to be said for YouTube and other social media presence... especially if part of the goal is to get some of our younger would-be anglers out there. Yes, irony of screen-time noted... but like a good hi-lo rig... it's all about balance.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:09 pm
skyhook

Lugazzy wrote:
Excellent, very well done. Need more like this

I absolutely agree!
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: