>> Redondo horseshoe pier [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:07 am
kobe24

Gonna try for some lobster tonight
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 1:34 pm
kobe24

Anyone know where the best spot on the pier is to fish for lobster?
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:01 pm
Mahigeer

No one would share that kind of information on a public fishing website.

Even telling where you are going in advance is not a good idea.

A report afterwards could be nice.

Good luck.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:29 pm
smelt4bait

There may be some secret spot, some hole where someone does well which will be kept secret except for the best trusted friends. But... use the conditions, the structure and think of where the bugs would hang out.

Think about where they are, in/on the rocks, on the pilings, under stuff on the bottom. Look at the current, place your hoops where the smell of the bait will drift to that structure. If you drop your nets on the 'downhill' side any bugs picking off of the pilings will not get a wiff of the bait.

Deep is not always better, I've seen bugs pulled from near the shore.

Hooping is like fishing, if you get out and try things, use those lessons to improve your luck, your luck will turn to skill and you will have better success.

Good Luck, let us know how you do, what you used, how often you pulled the nets, conditions but leave out the location details.

ERIK
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:22 am
Mahigeer

smelt4bait wrote:
There may be some secret spot, some hole where someone does well which will be kept secret except for the best trusted friends. But... use the conditions, the structure and think of where the bugs would hang out.

Think about where they are, in/on the rocks, on the pilings, under stuff on the bottom. Look at the current, place your hoops where the smell of the bait will drift to that structure. If you drop your nets on the 'downhill' side any bugs picking off of the pilings will not get a wiff of the bait.

Deep is not always better, I've seen bugs pulled from near the shore.

Hooping is like fishing, if you get out and try things, use those lessons to improve your luck, your luck will turn to skill and you will have better success.

Good Luck, let us know how you do, what you used, how often you pulled the nets, conditions but leave out the location details.

ERIK

Very good advise.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: