pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Beach Closure Hours? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:54 am
sphunfishing

Most beaches I see are day use at 8:00AM. How strictly is this enforced? Can I get a ticket if I wandered around and fish at 7:45AM? I supposed I can sit around somewhere until 8:00 AM. Sometimes, traffic is just good and I can reach the fishing spot before the official opening hours.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:17 am
sea_forager

sphunfishing wrote:
Most beaches I see are day use at 8:00AM. How strictly is this enforced? Can I get a ticket if I wandered around and fish at 7:45AM? I supposed I can sit around somewhere until 8:00 AM. Sometimes, traffic is just good and I can reach the fishing spot before the official opening hours.

Your mileage may vary depending on where you're talking about. Most areas that I fish, if they have an open parking lot without a gate, seem to go by a "sunrise to sunset" policy that is not strictly enforced.

The Tide Pools parking lot next to the North Jetty at HMB has all this language about towing and fines, etc.. but I was there at 6:20am-- well before sunrise at 7-- and it started filling up with regulars (dog-walkers & anglers) right around 6:30 and it wasn't an issue.

Again, it depends on where you're at and how strictly things are enforced, but I think the general idea is they don't want you abusing the parking privileges by showing up hours before sunrise or staying there hours after it's gotten dark.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:28 am
Ken Jones

Agreed! It really depends upon the area that you are visiting. Some enforce it, i.e., San Clemente, some rarely enforce it.
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:37 pm
sphunfishing

Thanks for the information guys. I mostly go Pescadero/Bean Hallow/Pigeon Point areas. I have gone there a couple of times, but not before 8:00 AM though.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:29 pm
sea_forager

sphunfishing wrote:
Thanks for the information guys. I mostly go Pescadero/Bean Hallow/Pigeon Point areas. I have gone there a couple of times, but not before 8:00 AM though.

All great places for fishing. Bean Hollow and Pigeon Point in particular. I know they'll check vehicles that stay too late at Pigeon Point and make sure they have a tag/receipt from the Hostel, but I doubt they come by early in the morning.

If you want to check those specific beaches out in the dark of the early morning please be careful. Walking to some of the fishy spots at these places can be tricky enough in broad daylight. I wouldn't trust myself scrambling around there in the dark, even with a headlamp.

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: