pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> A pleasant surprise at the Balboa pier! [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:02 pm
Mahigeer

Went to the pier to stock up on mackerel for the upcoming lobster season while my wife tours the island and enjoys the nice weather being outside. The resent heat has kept us mostly indoors.

To my surprise, I saw Snookie fishing with a friend. It was not a surprise to see her at her “home” pier, but it was a surprise since it was on Sunday. We talked and I made some cast at the mid-pier until Snookie and her friend left for the day. They were fishing for halibut.

I then moved to the end where is deeper water and more chance of hooking a bonito. On my third cast of “cast-a-bubble” rig I had a chase and miss by a smallish bonito. No more action of bonito after that. According to a regular, they were there in the early AM.

I did catch some mackerel for lobster bait, and socialized with other anglers. Around 4:30 PM and after about 4.5 hours of fishing headed for a local Persian restaurant.

The End.

DSCN8428-003.JPG
 Description:
Snookie and Mahigeer
 Filesize:  35.44 KB
 Viewed:  1042 Time(s)

DSCN8428-003.JPG

Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:08 pm
frozendog

Order us a skewer of chicken and beef koobideh. And don't forget the special rice - we like the sour cherries. I wish we could get Persian food here on the Central Coast!!!
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:43 pm
Mahigeer

Next time you are in LA, send me note.

We'll have some Persian food. I know a few places.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: