pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Striper Brandade bcooney [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 12:26 pm
Ken Jones

Subject: Recipe: Striper Brandade (any firm cooked fish)
Name: bcooney
Date: May-24-05 9:00am

I cooked the whole striper I caught last week (i put that recipe in the post from last week- Whole Roasted Striper with fresh herbs) and had two fat filets left over, and I made this dish last night from the leftovers. This dish is a southern European appetizer traditionally made from salt cod, and I have had it in restaurants before and this version with the striper turned out really well.

1 lb cooked fish (firm white flesh is best- like rock fish, halibut, striper)
1 1/2 lb mashed potatoes (about 4 large potatoes worth)
1 large or 2 small cloves of garlic chopped fine (or more if you like garlic)
3 tbs olive oil
2 tbs finely chopped fresh Italian parsley
1 tsp capers (optional
salt & pepper
lemon slice
baguette or French bread (4 slices)

Preheat broiler in oven
In a medium saucepan heat the olive oil over medium head add garlic and cook for only minute or so- then add potatoes and fish and parsley and salt and pepper to taste (if you are using capers use a little less salt, but in general about 1/2 tsp salt should be good- this is supposed to be fairly salty dish), mix with a wooden spoon until it is pretty well mixed. turn the heat down to low and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. While this is cooking brush the bread with a little olive oil on top and slip under the broiler for minute or two- just until it starts to brown then remove and top the bread with the fish mixture then squeeze a little lemon on top then a couple of capers per slice.

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: