pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Fishing Tutorials Reply to this topic
>> I was wondering how can I tie a Bonito Fly? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 1:20 am
Big Ray

Hey guys I was wondering how to tie a simple bonito fly. I just want to tie some simple flies for bonito like you see in the tackle shops. Can anyone explain what kind of knot I need to tie and what kind of thread I need.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 1:07 pm
red fish

Big Ray wrote:
Hey guys I was wondering how to tie a simple bonito fly. I just want to tie some simple flies for bonito like you see in the tackle shops. Can anyone explain what kind of knot I need to tie and what kind of thread I need.

You can use any thread you have available including mono or braid. Of course for small hooks, something with a thin diameter.

start off with a few wraps around the hook, keep tension, and/or add adhesive or nail polish to hold work in place. Add a layer of material, wrap some more and add adhesive. Repeat until all feather, flashabboo, hackle, etc. are added. Finish with a clinch and add adhesive to finish.

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-mozilla-002&hsimp=yhs-002&hspart=mozilla&p=tying+bonito+flies#id=2&vid=4be7555419f2da375261a46c0b958bb6&action=click

PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2017 12:44 pm
Big Ray

Thank you Red Fish. I was wondering how do you tie the clinch at the end?
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 8:46 pm
red fish

Big Ray wrote:
Thank you Red Fish. I was wondering how do you tie the clinch at the end?

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=A2KIo9hVXFxZwWwAhu0snIlQ;_ylu=X3oDMTBncGdyMzQ0BHNlYwNzZWFyY2gEdnRpZAM-;_ylc=X1MDMTM1MTE5NTY5MgRfcgMyBGFjdG4DY2xrBGJjawMwMjgzbmdoYnM4c240JTI2YiUzRDMlMjZzJTNEcWIEY3NyY3B2aWQDYTZDTUVUWXpMaklCSUhlRVY4Unk1QVQxTWpRdU53QUFBQUNQNEVuNQRmcgN5aHMtbW96aWxsYS0wMDIEZnIyA3NhLWdwBGdwcmlkAy5XdkpER3B0U2VDUUVYaWY1NVh3LkEEbXRlc3RpZANudWxsBG5fcnNsdAM2MARuX3N1Z2cDMARvcmlnaW4DdmlkZW8uc2VhcmNoLnlhaG9vLmNvbQRwb3MDMARwcXN0cgMEcHFzdHJsAwRxc3RybAMyNgRxdWVyeQNrbm90IHRvIGZpbmlzaCB0eWluZyBhIGZseQR0X3N0bXADMTQ5OTIyNTIzMQR2dGVzdGlkA251bGw-?gprid=.WvJDGptSeCQEXif55Xw.A&pvid=a6CMETYzLjIBIHeEV8Ry5AT1MjQuNwAAAACP4En5&p=knot+to+finish+tying+a+fly&ei=UTF-8&fr2=p%3As%2Cv%3Av%2Cm%3Asa&fr=yhs-mozilla-002&hsimp=yhs-002&hspart=mozilla#id=6&vid=921e1acaa77540795fb831bc89fc4f1a&action=view

The video can show you better than I can explain any knot. For regular freshwater flies, a whip knot or a hand whip is more standard as well just half-hitches. a clinch knot can be used if you can wrap on top of your layers. Gluing it down is going to hod all work together (but a good knot will keep it from unraveling too).
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 9:47 pm
Big Ray

Thanks Red fish. I tied these flies the one farthest to the right I tied with my cousins hair.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Fishing Tutorials Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: