pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
>> Help Save PFIC [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:37 pm
Eekamouse!

FishingRonin wrote:
If saving PFIC means less Ken Jones click bait threads, I'm all for it. Sick of reading a thread titled "Someone just caught a 500lb sea bass off the pier", then when you click the thread, theres a link to an article about some guy that caught that fish back in 1922 or someshing. Or some "Amazing pier fishig in Socal", you guessed it, another link to an article about the amazing pier fishing back in 1944.

Its YOU'RE forum Ken, if you just want a high post count, just give yourself whatever post count you want, but please STOP with the click bait threads. Its worse than the yahoo news feeds pages.
"USA declares war on Russia". Then after you click the article continues "...is what we predict if the current situation with ISIS doesn't correct itself"

"Russia Lauches Nuclear Missle Towards the USA" After click "...is what will happen if we don't form better relations with Russia"

Look, I get it, your old and you can't get out there to fish and maybe you think posting rehashed articles makes you feel relevant again. Then when you see the click count start to go up and it probably makes you feel validated so you post more, and more, and more, and more. Which leads us to some of the problems we are discussing on this thread. I will admid though, it was actually refreshing to see Ken post something new and type something himself instead of a link to an article about fishing from 75 years ago. It lets me know that there is a real person behind the username and not some bot thats got a list of articles that it has to post randomly every so often.

Oh goodness, please go away and stick to Uber driving if this bothers you so much. I for one love reading these old stories.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:51 am
xpostman

VeeZee Spinner wrote:
I have recently tried searching for old posts in the archive, but unfortunately, there was an error connecting to the database. I reached to Ken about this, and he that they were trying to fix this but have so far been unable to.

There is a treasure trove of invaluable information that cannot be found anywhere else in the old archives.

I ask that if there is anyone technical out there, if you could do a great service and help fix this database connection issue that would be awesome.
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 12:57 am
xpostman

The search feature doesn't work on the old message board. You can still search using google entering the author's name and keyword.
Top of page
Send private message Send e-mail Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 4:55 am
kaneohe

xpostman wrote:
The search feature doesn't work on the old message board. You can still search using google entering the author's name and keyword.

Great reminder....never thought about it for PFIC tho I use it routinely elsewhere.
Thanks!
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2017 10:42 pm
red fish

xpostman wrote:

Thanks, it does work Frank!

I put "Red Fish/sturgeon" in Google and no go.
I revised my search to "Red Fish/ Mel don't sell that squidder" and up comes my sturgeon post from Martinez Pier 2004!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:58 pm
FishingRonin

Eekamouse! wrote:
Oh goodness, please go away and stick to Uber driving if this bothers you so much. I for one love reading these old stories.

Uber is a hobby, I have plenty of time. Good try on the subtle snub at Uber drivers though lol. I mean, what moral high ground are you trying to stand on here with an attitude like that? Look I get it, you're white, and you hate blacks and mexicans.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2017 8:43 am
uglystick

I am not sure if this is already known to everyone:
https://www.google.com/intl/br/insidesearch/tipstricks/all.html

Scroll down to

Search within a specific site

Precede your query with site: if you know you want your answer from within a specific site or type of site (.org, .edu). For example: site:edu or site:nytimes.com.

Try it out Search “op-ed site:nytimes.com”

red fish wrote:
xpostman wrote:

Thanks, it does work Frank!

I put "Red Fish/sturgeon" in Google and no go.
I revised my search to "Red Fish/ Mel don't sell that squidder" and up comes my sturgeon post from Martinez Pier 2004!

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Page 2 of 2  Page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: