PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> NorCal crappie fishing guides? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 3:01 pm
Tifoso

Haven't been in years.

Do guide services exist and, if so,

1.do they provide all the tackle and

2.how much do they run?

I haven't been in decades, and would like a refresher course.

Thanks!

-Lou (Louis)
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:36 am
red fish

I have never heard of a crappie guide? I don't know how far you plan to drive for crappie but Clear Lake Bait & Tackle just said, "The crappie bite is off the hook!"
I may be going up there myself on spring break.
The guide services up there are around $250.00 for a guy to come and take you out on his bass boat, loan you the gear, and 'teach you the ropes'!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:03 am
Tifoso

red fish wrote:
I have never heard of a crappie guide? I don't know how far you plan to drive for crappie but Clear Lake Bait & Tackle just said, "The crappie bite is off the hook!"
The guide services up there are around $250.00 for a guy to come and take you out on his bass boat, loan you the gear, and 'teach you the ropes'!

Thanks!

-Lou (Louis)
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:38 am
red fish

Tifoso wrote:
red fish wrote:

Thanks!

Oh, I forgot to mention, there is a dock up there off the back of one of those resorts that is so good that they charge $20 to fish crappie off it.

The woman at Clear Lake Bait told me that the last time I called up there. She is a wealth of information.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:53 pm
rudesvx

There's also catfish and largemouth there. I used squid for catfish (caught a 12 and 14 lbr) and spinners for bass (caught 4 and 5 lbr along with smalls). Crappie will hit spinners too surprisingly. Fish around docks or structure in water.
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:23 pm
Tifoso

Thanks guys!

Is there maybe a lake closer to the greater Sac area?

-Lou (Louis)
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:14 pm
chachie09

Tifoso wrote:
Thanks guys!

Check out Nick's channel on YouTube, he fishes from clear lake to the delta and everywhere in between for crappie. He's a wealth of knowledge!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg9ys4MvRtur4h4RkIdbSag
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 8:26 am
Tifoso

chachie09 wrote:
Tifoso wrote:
Thanks guys!

Check out Nick's channel on YouTube, he fishes from clear lake to the delta and everywhere in between for crappie. He's a wealth of knowledge!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCg9ys4MvRtur4h4RkIdbSag

Thanks!

-Lou (Louis)
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:08 am
Fusion

I don't know how far you're willing to drive. I catch limits of crappie at Ruth lake. It borders Trinity and Mendocino county. I catch them at the marina. If you do decide to go, call the marina first. Some aholes were fishing off of people's boats so the marina stopped letting people fish there. My favorite jig is the 1" sluggos. Rip off the tip of the jig and super glue it to the jig head. Tie one to the end of the line and another on top (similar to a hi and low
Set up). There's camp sites there to. There's also trout, blue gills and cat fish. If u camp at the main camp ground. Facing the lake. On the left you'll see docks there. It's private but the owners are ok with people fishing. Fish on the second dock. Use a floater and night crawler,meal worms or crickets. Good luck.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 12:22 pm
Tifoso

Fusion wrote:
I don't know how far you're willing to drive. I catch limits of crappie at Ruth lake. It borders Trinity and Mendocino county. I catch them at the marina. If you do decide to go, call the marina first. Some aholes were fishing off of people's boats so the marina stopped letting people fish there. My favorite jig is the 1" sluggos. Rip off the tip of the jig and super glue it to the jig head. Tie one to the end of the line and another on top (similar to a hi and low
Set up). There's camp sites there to. There's also trout, blue gills and cat fish. If u camp at the main camp ground. Facing the lake. On the left you'll see docks there. It's private but the owners are ok with people fishing. Fish on the second dock. Use a floater and night crawler,meal worms or crickets. Good luck.

Wow! Thanks a lot!

-Lou (Louis)
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 7:54 am
jcool

Indian Beach Resort. 9945 e Highway 20, Clearlake Oaks, CA 95423, United States. 707) 998-3760. http://www.theindianbeachresort.com. $$.

Crappie bite is still hot!
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: