pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Marin surf [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:27 am
charro

Saturday was a great day to be at the ocean, grubbing in the surf. My buddy AztecDog and I got to the beach around 2:30, the sun shining through the clouds, high tide was forecast for around 5:15. The high was only 3' and the surf was down to about 2-3', so pretty nice conditions.
On my second cast I caught a legal sized dungy. Back in the ocean, no catching on hook, and besides I was not there for crabbing. We did not get any action for quite some time, so we headed down the beach to where I had done well the last outing. We started getting hit, and I struck first blood with a couple of BSPs in the 8" range. AztecDog did not hook up for a while, but when he did he quickly out-scored me with some cookie cutter 8" BSPs. I was getting some nice tugs, that I missed, then I get a more than nice tug, and after a nice run, I pull in a 16" striper. Stripers are lots of fun in the surf, even sub-legal. AD also got a sub-legal striper at around 14".
All in all, it was a great day to be out, we each caught around 7 perch, nothing over 10", a striped bass apiece. All fish released to get bigger and stronger and tastier.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: