pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Something wrong [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:14 pm
ING

How could happen that Oroville lake with only 68% of full capacity at now is in the state of emergency? May by estimate of full capacity is wrong?
And may be time to stop hysteria about California drought?
Total Average Storage now is 126.55% plus huge snow pack!
Couple lakes like Cachuma and Perris, which always not full enough, don't mean that drought in whole California.
http://cdec.water.ca.gov/cgi-progs/reservoirs/RES
It is looks like some suspicious games are playing around water resources in California.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 7:46 pm
billz12oz

The site seems to be relaying the capacity is at 92% right now for oroville. Maybe the site got updated?
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 10:31 pm
sea_forager

ING wrote:

It is looks like some suspicious games are playing around water resources in California.

The only games being played in relation to that dam is that DWR has been pussyfooting around for nearly a decade in regards to paying for the needed retrofitting. Nobody in DWR's decision making body took this seriously.

http://in.mobile.reuters.com/article/idINKBN15U0A3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:45 am
makairaa

They have already said norcal is out of the drought. Socal is better, but still not quite there yet. This next set of storms will probably fix it. When researching stories you really need to check the dates on them. Anything over a couple of weeks old on this subject is outdated.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 7:05 pm
ING

billz12oz wrote:
The site seems to be relaying the capacity is at 92% right now for oroville. Maybe the site got updated?

I don't know what has happened with math knowledge on that website but for today lake has 2,396,907 units vs. 3,537,577 units full capacity,
It is 77%! Not like 88% shown today. Yesterday lake really has had 68% vs.92% shown on website. My math knowledge still enough for calculating the percentage myself.
By the way: Southern California storm causes flash flooding, mudslideshttp://www.cbsnews.com/news/southern-california-storm-causes-flash-flooding-mudslide/
Only yesterday I hear radio 740am. I was tolled that severe drought still continue!
It is looks like that not all money which were given for fight against drought have been stolen yet.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:56 pm
Trumbo

Media cling to global warming and drought. Let's sell our coal to china so they can burn it and we can buy the lithium for the miracle energy saving batteries.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:48 pm
ING

ING wrote:
billz12oz wrote:

I don't know what has happened with math knowledge on that website but for today lake has 2,396,907 units vs. 3,537,577 units full capacity,
It is 77%! Not like 88% shown today. Yesterday lake really has had 68% vs.92% shown on website. My math knowledge still enough for calculating the percentage myself.
By the way: Southern California storm causes flash flooding, mudslideshttp://www.cbsnews.com/news/southern-california-storm-causes-flash-flooding-mudslide/
Only yesterday I hear radio 740am. I was tolled that severe drought still continue!
It is looks like that not all money which were given for fight against drought have been stolen yet.

My typo: I've missed numbers before coma.
Today is 65.77%. Not 88% !
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: