Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
>> Fully Enclosed Spinning Reels? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:05 pm
rambeezi

The Orion wrote:
Thank you for all the great input, you guys are freaked awsome! I'll do my own research into your guys' suggestions. I had gone through a Penn Battle II, 6000 and Penn (like the battle 2 except red?) 6500 and also an Okuma of similar size. And excuse me for my technically incorrect term for waht I was referring to, what what you guys are for! Pretty steep price on those ZB's and VS's. If my promotion and back pay are as nice as I like, I might consider it but tours to DG are only 1 year. Then again, it's not like I'm not going to go fishing wherever else the Navy sends me. Thanks again everyone.

That would be the Penn Fierce II. I have both. Do you do occasional maintenance on them? I use my Penn Battle II for plugging (stripers) and bait fishing and the Fierce II for perch fishing. They have been pretty solid for me but I do check on them after every surf trip (they get dunked everytime). :p
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:45 pm
red fish

One last bite on this one : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-iYulMcr7Z0
The Penn Slammer lll if you are actually doing partial "skishing" this may be the way to go at 250.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:24 pm
theswimmer

The type of grease can make a huge difference in the lifespan of surf reels.
I only use Yamaha Marine Blue.
I surf fish about 50-60 days a year , in the water.
Most of my reels are 5 years old or more. I have 2 Dam Quick Supers that are 25 + and still work fine.
Check out www.alantani.com for more info on reel maintenance.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:13 am
gambler

Trumbo wrote:
If you can find an older VS for s decent price. The new ones are made in China. I won't pay that kind of money.

Believe it or not but I actually like my China staal better than my American one, the American one seems too stiff. Still a great reel but I like the way the Chinese one feels. Also internal parts on the zb are from overseas. My only regret with my zb is I should have gotten a single roller instead of double because it gets caught sometimes during the cast.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Off-Topic Reply to this topic
Page 2 of 2  Page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: