pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> conventional reels [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:59 pm
shark fisher

Best casting reel??? I have a sealine x series reel a 20 and a 30 are there better casting reels than these?? I'm looking to buy a new reel
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:14 am
capt.raysharking

get a accurate boss 197.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:19 am
red fish

capt.raysharking wrote:
get a accurate boss 197.
Might as well put him on a 2-speed double platinum while we're at it.... but, if you want a be a real "beast-master" blood & guts "old-school" playa...err..fisherman... Go with a Penn Senator and you will really have yo' JAWs action jumpin' off big time... That guy Quint with the piano wire can't be wrong Smile I have an e-glass Fenwick like that Domski.... when is the seven/six-giller trip Capt'n ...

BTW-those reels you already have are plenty good for what you are doin' shark fisher I like graphite Newells that are light-weight, 4/0 in size, tuff as nails, stardrag, and very castable......
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:57 pm
8myb8t

Depends on what you are going to be using it with

8oz n bait
1/3oz lure
lots of options but cant give advice until we know what you are going to be using....

and the biggest question is how much can you afford to spend $$$$$$
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:04 am
shark fisher

I just bought a daiwa saltist ht50hh I think.. Its the high speed one.. And its the 50 model
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:15 am
capt.raysharking

shark fisher wrote:
I just bought a daiwa saltist ht50hh I think.. Its the high speed one.. And its the 50 model
congrats bass pro shop sells a black 50 that looks hard kinda big for a casting reel but it will work... yo RED this weekend looks good if i can get my ignition changed by the weekend. the key does a full 360 degree turn... all bad...
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:52 am
mel

It's not the reel. It's the caster. I have Squidders and Jigmasters that out cast the high end stuff. Practice, practice practice. My favorite, or one of them is a Tanified 506hs. Fast retrieve, (which helps a lot when practicing casting), smooth casting, just your basic conventional. Only drawback is because of the high speed retrieve there's not a whole lot of drag pressure. I've burned more than a few out on rays and sturgeon. Practice with the old school stuff.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: