pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Striped Bass with Ginger Soy Oil [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:00 pm
gretchdragon

Found this recipe online while doing a general search on striped bass recipes. At first I was a bit skeptical...not a lot of ingredients here....but the results are WOW! Especially if you are a fan of Asian and/or Thai style cuisine.

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/broiled-striped-bass-with-ginger-scallion-oil

Important Tip: The recipe wants you to put just a LITTLE oil on the fish before broiling. From the That's Not Nearly Enough Department, I dumped the entire 1/2 cup on top of the fish and popped it in the broiler. Five minutes later we filled the kitchen and living room with oil smoke. Smelled great, but today the house smells like ginger onion oil. I'm probably lucky the entire broiler pan didn't flame on me. So don't do what I did, put a LITTLE oil on the fish and pour the rest on after you finish with the broiler.

If you don't like heat, you can leave out the pepper flakes and it still tastes great. I'm betting you could also use this as a marinade, maybe toss in some chopped mango and lemongrass.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: