Location: Plugging 'But Holes
|REPOSTING DUE TO PHOTOBUCKET
Here is a simple recipe i just made this past week after catching a catfish from the sacramento river last weekend.
It's basically panko fried fish.
For this recipe, you will need the following:
1 dressed fish. i used a skinned catfish
1 egg (beaten). Can also be seasoned.
all purpose flour
oil to fry. i prefer canola oil
salt and pepper to taste
1. Take the fish, sprinkle some salt on the fish.
2. Completely cover it with the all purpose flour. This will serve as the coating for the next stage.
3. Dredge the fish in the beaten egg making sure to completely coat the fish.
4. Roll the fish in panko making sure it is completely covered. Press the panko onto the fish to make sure it stays on and creates the crust.
5. deep fry it in the canola oil over medium heat. Too high of a heat will burn the panko and not cook your fish. Too low and the panko won't brown and will just soak up the oil.
6. fry for about 5-7 mins per side.
7. remove from heat and serve. you can add additional seasonings (paprika, salt, pepper, etc.) while its still hot to make it stick to the coating.
Get The Salty Nick "Special Spinner" today!!!
& I'm a guy so don't ask