|California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative Announcement
*WHAT:* Nominations to the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group
*WHEN:* Nominations are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 18, 2008
*WHERE:* Nominations may be submitted via email (preferred), facsimile or maiservice (see details below)
*California** Marine Life Protection Act Initiative*
*Request for Nominations to the South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group*
The Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) Initiative is accepting* *nominations for appointments to the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group. The MLPA South Coast Study
Region extends from Point Conception (Santa Barbara County) to the California/Mexico border (San Diego County), including offshore islands. The MLPA Initiative seeks individuals committed to successfully completing the regional stakeholder group process in the south coast by November 2009.
*Charge of the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group*
The MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group (SCRSG) will provide a forum for:
* Providing local expertise and knowledge of the south coast study region for refining a regional profile and informing the MLPA planning process,
* Evaluating existing marine protected areas within the south coast study region with relation to the goals of the MLPA,
* Developing alternative proposals for marine protected areas within the south coast study region that meet the requirements of the MLPA,
* Conducting outreach to constituent groups for involvement in the MLPA South Coast Project,
* Identifying potential speakers to present regional stakeholder group recommendations and commentary at MLPA public meetings, and
* Striving for a high degree of cross-interest involvement and support in crafting marine protected area proposals.
Support UPSAC! Preserve pier and shore angling in California.