pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
>> Anyone want to be on the SC MLPA Stakeholder Group? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 10:43 am
Ken Jones

California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative Announcement

*WHAT:* Nominations to the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group

*WHEN:* Nominations are due no later than 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, July 18, 2008

*WHERE:* Nominations may be submitted via email (preferred), facsimile or maiservice (see details below)

*California** Marine Life Protection Act Initiative*

*Request for Nominations to the South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group*

The Marine Life Protection Act (MLPA) Initiative is accepting* *nominations for appointments to the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group. The MLPA South Coast Study

Region extends from Point Conception (Santa Barbara County) to the California/Mexico border (San Diego County), including offshore islands. The MLPA Initiative seeks individuals committed to successfully completing the regional stakeholder group process in the south coast by November 2009.

*Charge of the MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group*

The MLPA South Coast Regional Stakeholder Group (SCRSG) will provide a forum for:

* Providing local expertise and knowledge of the south coast study region for refining a regional profile and informing the MLPA planning process,
* Evaluating existing marine protected areas within the south coast study region with relation to the goals of the MLPA,
* Developing alternative proposals for marine protected areas within the south coast study region that meet the requirements of the MLPA,
* Conducting outreach to constituent groups for involvement in the MLPA South Coast Project,
* Identifying potential speakers to present regional stakeholder group recommendations and commentary at MLPA public meetings, and
* Striving for a high degree of cross-interest involvement and support in crafting marine protected area proposals.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:27 pm
riorust

I wish I had the time.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:59 pm
Ken Jones

Yes, that's the problem. We have many fine people that would do an excellent job but no one has the time.
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 7:37 pm
riorust

Its not easy paying the bills in So Cal. One good lotto ticket though, and I'll be happy to contribute some time.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:17 pm
BigJoe

I have submitted myself as a regional stakeholder for Southern California and as an avid fisherman around the northern San Diego area I hope to get selected. I will post information of interest on this board as best I can while also not overloading you with information. Later today I will post information on how you can get your voice heard in a fishing interview by Ecotrust. The best thing fisherman can do is stay informed and get involved in the process when possible.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Fishery Conservation, Management and Politics Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: