Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Perch tacos — Dompfa Ben [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:46 pm
Ken Jones

Posted by DOMPFA Ben

Perch tacos…

My dad taught me that a good chef measures ingredients, but a good cook doesn't. I guess I'm a good cook... here goes:

Ingredients for Fish tacos :

FISH
—Any white meat fish (perch is a little soft, but it will work)
—Corn Flake Crumbs (they sell these in a cardboard can, or make your own by pouring corn flakes in a bowl, and crunching them with the bottom of a coffee mug)
—Flour
—An egg or two
—Oil
—Salt and Pepper
—Lemon or lime

TACOS
—corn tortillas (or flour, if you're into that sort of thing)
—shredded cabbage, green or red
—ranch dressing
—cheese (optional)

SALSA
—One can of chopped tomatoes
—chopped brown onion, cilantro
—finely minced/chopped, whatever... jalapeno (canned is not as hot as fresh)
chopped fresh tomato
lime juice
salt, pepper to taste

1. Mix the salsa ingredients in a big bowl. Put in the fridge.
2. Heat about an inch of oil in a pan or fryer.
3. Beat the eggs in a small bowl and set aside.
4. Cut the fillets into strips, not too thin. With most perch fillets, you can just cut em in half, lengthwise. Dry the fillets with a paper towel.
5. Dip the dryish fillets in flour, then the egg, then the corn flake crumbs. The flour sticks to the fish, the egg sticks to the flour, the crumbs stick to the egg. Let these sit in the fridge for five minutes. Repeat for extra crunchy fish! Let them stand for a bit.
6. Drop the fish sticks into the hot oil. Cook em till their brown, but not black. Monitor your oil heat, don't let it burn!
7. Meanwhile, heat your corn tortillas on a DRY, hot pan. Here's the trick: cook them two at a time, rough sides together. Flip them when they're hot but not hard.
8. Put hot tortilla on plate. Put shredded cabbage, scoop of your salsa, glob of ranch dressing, and cheese if you like it on the tortilla.
9. Drain fish sticks on paper towel for a minute or two, place on taco, squeeze a little lime juice on there, and you're "in there like swimwear."

Pacifico has been known to help the effects of these tacos on the general populace.
Good luck and DOMPFA,

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: