pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Fish, onion and potato pie (updated as I lost the pictures) [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 12:26 pm
frozendog

This dish sounds weird, but it is really tasty - you should try it.

1. I start by carmelizing one sliced onion in a little butter, olive oil, salt and pepper and a touch of garlic. A little sprinkle of sugar will help them carmelize quicker and sweeter, low and slow until nice and brown. Cut your onion to size that you like.

2. I used a large russet potato, peeled and cut in half. One half will make the bottom, the rest for the top. Slice thinly, like thick potato chips. Microwave the slices for two minutes to soften.

3. Bring your fish filets to room temperature and season with salt, pepper, Chef Paul‘s Poultry Magic or Emeril’s - or whatever you like on your fish. Season both sides.

4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Assembly is simple

5. Put a little oil in the bottom of an oven safe dish. Put 1/2 of the potato slices in the bottom of the dish. Season the potatoes

6. Layer your fish on the top of the potatoes. If you have any peeled shrimp, throw them on top with the fish.

7. Layer your onions on top of the fish.

8. Put a pat or two of butter on the onions and cover with the rest of the potatoes. Season the potatoes.

9. Into the hot oven for about 15 minutes at 375. Then add some parmesan cheese on top. Check for doneness. Should take another five minutes in the oven until the cheese is melted and crispy. Every time I make this, the cooking time has been a little different. Potatoes should be soft, not rubbery or dry.

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:54 pm
Sofa King

I am soooo gunna try this.

Early to bed, Early to rise, fish all day, make up lies
<*}}}}}}}}}><
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:48 pm
Newb

Nice I will try as well.
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic