Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Fishing Reports [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:11 pm
branrx

jrock wrote:
Thought I would add a report from last weekend. I fished the morning of 6/3 for about an hour off the Cayucos Pier.
I got there about 8:30am, and caught 3 surf perch on shrimp. The guy next to me, however, was pulling them in left and right! Turns out he was using sand crabs, and having no problem filling a bucket with dinner.

Ive been catching a few perch with shrimp as well off the pier. Ive tried using sand crabs without luck, but if you go to the sand its loaded with crabs right now. Also been landing a few on camo colored grubs.

All Perch have been pregnant so Ive thrown all back in.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:40 pm
Msmoreles

6/8/2014 and 6/9/2014,
End of day. Sunset.
Ventura pier.
Sardines
Both days we got tons of bites. None stop! I actually didn't get a chance to get my line in the water because I was taking fish off my husbands and child's line every few seconds. Both days we lost count on how many fish we got. Somewhere around 15 each day. Lots of king fish and a few random others.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 12:00 pm
PacificaFisherman

Pacifica Fishing Report June 24

Started off on the pier. Some people were catching jack smelt off sabiki rigs using shrimp. A barred perch here and there. Many people were crabbing. Lots of people pulling up crabs on snares.

Moved over to the beach to try striper fishing. I was using a trolley rig with fresh sand crabs (plenty of them to be found on the beach). Not even a nibble in the couple of hours I was there (high tide).

Some advice for those looking for a net to catch sand crabs, go to New Coastside tackle and get one of the promar hand held nets for about $20-30 (I forget). This is better than the bigger net I bought at the other tackle store that didn't seem very sturdy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:30 pm
Fisheroffish

G'evening fellas! Juz wanted to know if Santa Cruz breakwater (Walton lighthouse)is a good place to fish for rockfish?
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 2 of 2  Page Previous  1, 2
Jump to: