pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Something to have with your fish [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:43 pm
frozendog

I have several preps I like for my fish, but finding an easy side dish is often a challenge. Saw this bag of rice sides at the grocery store. This one is Knorr Cheddar Broccoli and gave it a try.

But I always like to add something. So looked in the refrigerator and found some broccoli, zuccinni, red bell pepper and some mushrooms and used 1/3 chicken broth and 2/3 water.

Started the wet ingredients an chopped the veggies into small pieces which I prefer and threw them in.

Simmered for 7 minutes. Just long enough to pan sear some rockfish fillets. I made sure not to overcook it because I like a little sauce in the rice. Plus the pan would be a lot easier to clean.

This is how it turned out. Surprisingly good. Veggies soft, rice cooked with just enough sauce. This is an ideal camping dish as you can do your starch and veggies in one pan. Now, what can I do with the Mexican rice?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:56 pm
polishfromthedeep

Thanks for posting FD. I tried to post a picture with a blackened red rockfish fillet over mexican rice topped with a warm red pepper salsa but this lame-... site wont allow for normal sized pictures and I'm too lazy to resize.

Keep on, keepin' on FD

PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2014 9:52 am
muttfishr

Dude! You just have WAY too much time on yer hands! Go fishing! Sorry Bro couldn't help it Yea, you hook'ed it up! as always...mutt.
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: