pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Yellowtail and Shrimp ceviche [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:42 am
bigred805

I still have some yellow tail left in the freezer I was needing to eat up so I decided to make up some ceviche. You can make this with any fish you like really and it makes a nice fresh dish that you can have as a main course or a snack. The best part about it is its super easy to make!

Ingredients:
1/2-1 pound of Yellow tail
1 pound of shrimp
1 cucumber peeled and chopped
1 small-medium white onion chopped
1 bunch of cilantro chopped
1 jalapeno chopped
1 serrano chili chopped
2 avocados chunked
1 large tomato chopped
olive oil
salt & pepper

I started with 3 decent sized YT fillets id say around 6-8 oz a piece and just cut them into cubes about.5 inch in size. I also used a pound of whole shrimp by request from a room mate so he could pick them out whole. I placed all the shrimp and YT in a large bowl that has a lid and juiced 7 limes and 1 large lemon over the meat and left it in the fridge overnight. In the morning I cleaned and chopped all the veggies and threw them in the bowl with the fish and shrimp grabbed a good hand full of cilantro gave it a rough chop added about a tablespoon of olive oil and fresh cracked salt & pepper to taste and your done! Serve on a tostada shell with some sour cream and hot sauce, crack open a corona and enjoy!

Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:00 pm
muttfishr

YT ceviche? Oh man, what a waste! shoudda deep fried it!!! Oh, by the way, if you have any of that "nasty" ceviche left over, you can send it to me, I'll get rid of it for ya! jes tri'n ta help out Bro!...mutt.
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:18 pm
Mahigeer

Thanks for the post. I have to try it.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: