pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> Curado reel repair [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 7:43 pm
Salvelinus

Anyone have any suggestions on places I can send my curado 300 in for repair? need some new parts and would like a quick turnover time
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:29 pm
capt.raysharking

Sav on tackle, Santa Fe springs ( LA area)
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 10:03 pm
tackleholic

Savon might be a little far from arcata. Maybe look around for some local tackle shops in No. Cal that do reel repair or send it back to shimano . Whats wrong with it? If you cant find a good local shop, you can always order some parts from shimano and try fixing it yourself.
PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 10:06 pm
Salvelinus

http://www.olliedamons.com/ this is the other one I was considering, either there or sav on would be mailing time for where Im at, I just want the quickest turnover ideally. When I last talked to shimano the turn around time was 3 or so weeks.
Just checked out the parts availability and 2 of the parts I need are of stock till 7/25 so i guess im SOL with any repair service until then unless they happen to have that part.

my star drag, and star drag nut have fused together from salt corrosion, trapping my star drag spring compressed. There fore when I took it apart to try to replace my drag washer with a carbontex drag washer, i couldnt get the proper tension on the drive shaft. and to top it off, when I gave it to a buddy to attempt to fix it, he lost the click pin and click pin spring.
none of the local shops really advertise reel repair so Id rather just send it off
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Nov 24, 2013 6:16 pm
jcool

you can always send back to shimano.
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Nov 25, 2013 2:56 pm
pinfish

you can also buy parts on ebay and just replace them
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 4:44 pm
tackleholic

You can order parts online from shimano...i need to order some springs tnat popped out of my 2 speed handle shifters when i was swapping out stock handles with aftermarket and they went flying into some dark unknown corner or crevice never to be found...probably in a vacuum cleaner dust bag. Cheap parts, less than a buck...but they have a standard $3 shipping charge for little parts which is really reasonable. Funny how a liitle part less than a buck can transform my 2 speed into a single speed. The f---ed part is i need some dogs for another reel and they're out of stock until Feb, 2014 according to their site. My suggestion is if there is some crucial part that they do have in stock, get it and dont wait until they have everything you need in stock. If u wait, chances are the other part u need will have gone out of stock...murphys law prevails...or even worse, they discontinued parts entirely for the model of reel you are looking for since they are constantly upgrading models. Im sure you already have this link, but someone else may find it useful. Nice because it has an online reel schematic for the reels it still carries parts for.

http://fishshop.shimano.com/vip/landing.jsp

While i love shimano reels and products...i kind of think its important to cull out your older models from time to time and get newer models because if it breaks and they no longer make the parts then your SOL... unless you can find an ebay parts reel or supplier.

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: