pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Bake/broiled Salmon plate. [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 9:12 pm
polishfromthedeep

Here's a super simple, super delicious salmon recipe for those lucky enough to fish locally for salmon. I call it Baked salmon, with salmon baked veggies and loaded red mashers.

Let's begin.

Now that you've cut your (liberal) salmon portions you'll need:
-Mushrooms
-Red Onion
-Bell pepper (I used yellow)
-Butter and olive oil

For the mashers:
-Red potatoes
-Milk+sour scream+butter
-Bacon
-Shredded cheddar
-Green onion (or chives)

Lemon for garnish

Take your salmon and season with sea salt, pepper, and just a tiiiiny bit of garlic. Place onto pan or dish (I used an aluminum foil tray I folded since I'm lazy) Top salmon with as much butter as you'd like, I didn't go crazy. Surround empty area in pan around Salmon with chopped veggies tossed in salt, pepper, and a tiny bit of olive oil. Bake at 450 til about 1/2 way done and switch to broiler for desired color/doneness, mine was perfect and juicy.

Veggies should have good color from the broiling and have a faint but pleasant flavor from the salmon juices.

Serve with loaded mashers topped with green onion. Garnish with lemon and enjoy.

This one was sooooo good and sooooo quick.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:13 pm
frozendog

Looks like a good salmon plate! I like the simplicity of doing the fish and the vegs together so all you have to do is clean up the potato pan. Now if I ever find a salmon washed up on shore, I'll know what to do with it.
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: