pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> Where to buy the Miracle thread cheap? [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:51 pm
abyebye

Already spent a small fortune on other gears for rock fishing. Wife is not happy, so now I gotta make every penny count.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:32 pm
red fish

abyebye wrote:
Already spent a small fortune on other gears for rock fishing. Wife is not happy, so now I gotta make every penny count.
One word- W A L M A R T. $3.38 for the roll with the plastic container. Other than that, house-hold sewing thread, other than that, you'd be surprised, you can hook almost any bait and cast it without the bait falling off if you hook it righteously (a couple half-hitches of line around the tail-end dones wonders).
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:55 pm
abyebye

Thanks!
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:58 pm
abyebye

My wife actually asked me to just use the regular sewing thread. LOL! I guess I should give it a try first.

red fish wrote:
abyebye wrote:
One word- W A L M A R T. $3.38 for the roll with the plastic container. Other than that, house-hold sewing thread, other than that, you'd be surprised, you can hook almost any bait and cast it without the bait falling off if you hook it righteously (a couple half-hitches of line around the tail-end dones wonders).
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:57 am
dkkim

red fish wrote:
abyebye wrote:

Hey Red, is the walmart string just like miracle thread or is it more like the string? I can't stand the string but love the miracle thread.
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 8:14 pm
red fish

dkkim wrote:
red fish wrote:
abyebye wrote:

Hey Red, is the walmart string just like miracle thread or is it more like the string? I can't stand the string but love the miracle thread.

*This one*
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:50 am
dkkim

my bad. I thought you meant that Walmart sold a string used for sewing that is the same thing as miracle thread. Yeah, that stuff is the bomb. Fishery Supply in San Jose is pretty cheap but it depends if they like you or not.
Top of page
PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:02 pm
RobF

$2.89 at sportsmans warehouse without the little dispenser tube.

If you are like me, you already have 20 of the little tubes laying around.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:17 am
illcatchanything2

RobF wrote:
$2.89 at sportsmans warehouse without the little dispenser tube.

If you are like me, you already have 20 of the little tubes laying around.

Yep Smile. I always seem to forget mine and buy a new one on the way out Smile

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: