pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
>> PFIC Fishing Club #3 Monterey CG Pier & Peninsula [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:50 pm
gretchdragon

I'm hitting Pacifica pier on Saturday afternoon, then possibly Monterey wharf #2 on Sunday.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:08 pm
la mosca

Sin_Coast wrote:
Not today hermano. I decided to save my chips...to maybe cash-in next week.
It's been so quiet around here lately. I guess that's just the cycle of PFIC. People get busy doin other stuff or just forget to log on & report. Because I know most of us are still fishing...despite the general lack of reports. Heck, I'm still waiting for SS to post his 25lb ling or Mbay's double of 36" lings. And I KNOW Dave is out there killin it on a regular basis!

So, who's down for next Thursday afternoon? Fer reals!

...maybe I should have remembered to return to the site to check if you had replied, a lot sooner! LOL -
anyways, may be going out for a couple of hours tomorrow...will post if I do...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:17 pm
JuanDOdoubleG

Well, I see no one has replied to this thread in a while, but I thought I would try a cry for help none the less.

Since January I have been fishing every where using all manner of bait, jig, lure, etc. to try and catch fish in the Monterey bay area. I pay attention to fish reports and try out any and all advice. But I have not caught a single fish.

I often will fish at wharf #2, but have also tried the coast guard jetty, marina beach, del monte beach and down the coast at pfieffer.

At this point, I just want to catch a fish. I've been out at least 20 times now with no results and outside of realizing I'm the world's worst fisherman, I'm just a little disheartened. Any and all advice that could lead to catching one little measly fish would be much appreciated.
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:27 pm
fsh42na

JuanDOdoubleG wrote:
Well, I see no one has replied to this thread in a while, but I thought I would try a cry for help none the less.

Since January I have been fishing every where using all manner of bait, jig, lure, etc. to try and catch fish in the Monterey bay area. I pay attention to fish reports and try out any and all advice. But I have not caught a single fish.

I often will fish at wharf #2, but have also tried the coast guard jetty, marina beach, del monte beach and down the coast at pfieffer.

At this point, I just want to catch a fish. I've been out at least 20 times now with no results and outside of realizing I'm the world's worst fisherman, I'm just a little disheartened. Any and all advice that could lead to catching one little measly fish would be much appreciated.

i'm living vicariously through the posts of Frozendog, salty nick and surf samurai. It sucks to be this far up north (SF). Not too many spots to fish that aren't overfished/slammed already. Went over to HMB to fish the North Jetty. Got a handful of small MFE and brought home a couple of steamer sized Grassies. Nothing compared to what others get though. If you fish the coast, you just have to familiarize yourself with the structure (check low and high tides). I've yet to find anything consistent (other than the HMB jetties).

good luck
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:43 am
Rockfish Ninja

JuanDOdoubleG wrote:

Meet up with someone experienced and learn a few basics first hand, then once you've caught one (AND YOU WILL EVENTUALLY!!) Then you can strike out on your own and try different things, just get the basics down first. Here's a few tips:

1-Watch what successful fisherman are doing.
2-Ask questions, people usually share info.
3-check your bait often.
4-Cast to SEVERAL different spots in each location.
5-If one location isn't providing fish, move to another.

Hope this helps, don't get discouraged!!!
Top of page
PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:16 pm
Sin_Coast

Good timing...Daylight savings begins Sunday! So we'll probably start doing the after-work fishin sessions again soon. Thursdays work for me. Yay spring!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:30 pm
Sin_Coast

Remember how excited we were when this idea was first introduced?
Let's bring it back.
(preferably before Daylight Savings ends on nov 3)

Afterwork session on Thursday Oct 3?
Or Thursday Oct 17? (tides are approx the same with low @ 4:30pm & high @ 10:30pm)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:10 am
la mosca

Sin_Coast wrote:
Remember how excited we were when this idea was first introduced?
Let's bring it back.
(preferably before Daylight Savings ends on nov 3)

Afterwork session on Thursday Oct 3?
Or Thursday Oct 17? (tides are approx the same with low @ 4:30pm & high @ 10:30pm)

So no go?
Wink

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:33 pm
muttfishr

Howdy Boys, long time since, I was just wondering hows that fence they put up at the CGP working out? anyone been fishing there reciently?...mutt.
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:35 pm
thefrood

Hey all, LTNS. Finally getting back out to the water a bit, but it's been SO long that I've lost my chops...

Anyone going to be grubbing for perch in the Monterey Bay area this weekend? Waiting to see if a friend is going to be available and we would like some education, I've never actually successfully grubbed for perch so please let me know what kind of gear I need to bring out. Would be really great to know that if we skunk it wasn't because we were totally off about our methodology...

Thanks!

Scott

*** I'm back in Riverside County now. Anyone around up for some fishing? What about So Cal beaches?
Top of page
Send private message Visit poster's website Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:58 pm
theswimmer

First post, new member here.
I will be fishing Capitola, Santa Cruz and north to Pescadero on the incoming tides Friday 10/10 thru Sunday morning/noon.
I grew up in the SF area but only get to the coast now 1 or 2 times a year.
Any advise would be much appreciated and if any one wants to join me?
Best JT
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:41 am
muttfishr

Its 4/5/2015, Happy Easter everybody! hows the salmon season gonna be this year???...mutt.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:28 pm
muttfishr

Wow, this kinda dropped off the deep end, or got lost out there somewhere, happy 2016 everyone, I'm figuring on maybe making a trip to Monterey in April, my daughters birthday trip, I'll probably get on a salmon boat while there so any local info would be good thanks...mutt.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:40 pm
Sin_Coast

Consider postponing salmon plans until May. Because the season should be open by then (April opener is questionable at this point). But then you could also go for rockfish if the salmon are absent.
Surfperch bite is pretty good right now (although big storm predicted for the next week+). And heard about a few stripers caught recently.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:33 pm
Sin_Coast

Surf fishing has been good lately! Let's get a crew together and restart the after-work fishin tradition again... In the last week, I've caught a handful of stripers & perch. And 1 salmon. Fish on!
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
Page 12 of 13  Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Jump to: