pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
>> Ocean Star No. 36 info wanted. (frustrated) [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:19 pm
CatchinKelp

Yes, it is a junky old real. Yes, it needs a lot of work. But this piece of equipment was inherited, and if anybody has any information where I can find parts and maintenance for it, I would really love it. Thanks for any help you can offer. Specifically it is the reverse wind stop mechanism that is broken. Thanks again.

PS who is the manufacturer of this real? I can't find anything about it on the Internet so far.

"Let the waters roar, Jack"
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:09 am
Ed Wrasmann

I purchased an Ocean Star No. 36 in 1968 from Harry Goode's Outdoor Shop in Melbourne (still there since 1946) when I went to work on Florida's Space Coast. It is a good reel for surf casting with heavy spoons. I was told that it was made in Japan and that the company importing them was give extra reels in lieu of spare parts. Of course, like any good business, they sold the extra reels, hence no spare parts. I haven't used mine since the 70s, but recently purchased a "like new" spare on line. My spool and bail have some corrosion, but mechanically the reel is fine.
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:09 pm
seabass_seeker

Try looking up Alan Tani's website and giving him an email. If anyone has parts it'll be him.

Edit: oh wait it's a spinner, good luck then dude, still might be worth a shot to contact Mr. Tani.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Rod and Reel Advice/Seminars Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: