pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
>> Update of fish, potato and onion pie [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 10:38 am
frozendog

I deleted pictures from Photobucket and, Whoops, and that deleted pictures from some of my old recipe posts. So, as I remake the dish, I will take some new pictures and update the recipe and the old post. First will be the fish, potato and onion pie.

Step 1: Start with boneless skinless fillets and season them with salt and pepper. I also used some Emrilís seasoning on both sides.

2. I diced up a whole onion and carmelized it in a little oil and margarine plus s & p and a little sugar. Let it cook slow until carmelized and sweet. Big onion rings look better but small pieces of onion are easier to eat in the pie - your choice.

3. Get a big russet potato, cut in half and sliced one half for the bottom of the dish. Thin slices like potato chips. Slice and saved the second half for the topping (later). I microwaved the slices for about two minutes to give them a head start.

4. Now itís assembly time. A little oil or butter on the bottom of the baking dish. Then spread half of the microwaved potatoes on the bottom. Donít forget to season the potatoes. Then put your fish on top of the potatoes. I used cabezon and rockfish this time. Iíve used ling and eel. Anything you catch will work.

Top with the carmelized onions and a pat or two of butter. I also poured a little chicken broth into the bottom to make a little sauce and keep it from sticking.

Put on the top layer of micíed and seasoned potatoes. Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for about a half hour depending on how thick your fish and potatoes are. Half way through, put some parmesan cheese on the top and you should get something that looks like this.

It ainít real pretty, but it sure tastes good this time of year. I served it with some roasted asparagus that I baked along with the pie in the oven.

I really like this recipe board. You can go back and refer to your own old recipes as well as others. Don't have to depend on the old memory.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:08 am
polishfromthedeep

Very nice FD.

I have made this several times and put my own little twists on it. I'm also used shark, salmon, and white seabass... all came out awesome in their own way.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 11:10 am
IRPescador

Awesome dish! I'm totally trying it with my next catch.
Thank you

Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 1:11 pm
illcatchanything2

Great dish...

Also works well with chicken breast (just in case you get skunked the day you wanna make this:) )

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:44 pm
muttfishr

That Really looks tasty! Im gonna have to try it!...mutt.
PFIC Message Boards >> Seafood Recipes Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: