pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
>> PFIC Fishing Club #1 Berkeley Pier & East Bay [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:58 am
Sofa King

omgitsyue wrote:
Sofa King wrote:
omgitsyue wrote:
hi everyone, I recently started fishing at the Berkeley pier. I'm fairly new to fishing. I could really use some guidance or some tips. if anyone's still active at the Berkeley pier and wouldn't mind a beginner to tag along, id like to join the group.

Come join us at Berkeley pier on Sat the 31st of March.
10am til 2.
Should be a bunch of us doing a perch derby.
It's a good chance to meet some of us and get out and fish.

sounds good, ill be there, any general area?

We will be right at the beginning of the pier. First cleaning station. Ya can't miss us.
See the PERCH DERBY sticky for details.

Early to bed, Early to rise, fish all day, make up lies
<*}}}}}}}}}><
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:26 pm
red fish

Out for a little March-madness with PFIC member Bigrich this evening for a couple of hours fishing in the cities of Emeryville and Berkeley along the shoreline. Not exactly the weather I would expect with the first day of spring two days away! 48 degree weather kept us car-bound with our rods stuck in the sand-spike holders. Rich was so chilly that he really didn't get any fishing done trying to avert gusty winds. So, now half way through the incoming tide and about 8:30 pm we find ourselves back along the Berkeley shoreline. Ya know, the place where that guy Douglas Jones met his demise if you have been following the news lately! Anyway, getting ready to crank up the car, Bigrich gives me the fifteen-minute warning, and I tell him, "that's enough time to get a batty" as I reel in and rebait a hook that had herring on it now with Rich's secret fishing candy (Monterey squid). I bait up, cast out and adjust the pole in a balancing rod holder that puts the rod level and resume sitting down in the truck seat as howling winds prevail outside the door. Just at the two-minute warning, the rod in the holder starts teetering forward and back as I fumble to find the handle on my friend's truck whose location all of a sudden becomes foreign to me. Finding it, I launch from the vehicle to continued rocking of the rod and clicking of the clicker as I scramble to pull the rod into my hands and set the hook. As I do, I whip back the rod to discover that I snapped off! This was actually a repeat of an earlier episode in Emeryville in my which upon reeling in, I got snagged ever so slightly and by line broke quite effortlessly! Finally, it reigned upon me, it is time to change my 25# high-vis florescent-green Berkley Big Game! But, as Rich says 'that's it,pack it up' I exclaim, 'I told you we would hook in at least a batray.' So, there is a little March-madness, batrays, happening even with the unseasonal weather!
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:15 pm
Sfork

Hey do you guys still meet up? I'm really trying to learn how to fish the bay. Since I've gotten back from the Army, I've always traveled away from it because no one I know, knows how to fish it. We always travel up to the delta or something.

-Tim
Top of page
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 10:19 pm
Sofa King

Sfork wrote:
Hey do you guys still meet up? I'm really trying to learn how to fish the bay. Since I've gotten back from the Army, I've always traveled away from it because no one I know, knows how to fish it. We always travel up to the delta or something.

-Tim

Come out next Sat night, 6pm-midnight, and join us for our annual Mud Marlin Derby.
You will learn a whole lot about Bay fishing.

<*}}}}}}}}}><
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 9:39 am
Sfork

That sounds pretty fun, what size rod should I bring for the Derby? Also what kind of tackle do most people use for mud marlins?
Top of page
PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:11 am
Sofa King

It's a good time.
Bring something suitable for a monster.
Ill be using 7/0 octopus hooks, 50# or 80# braid. Whole squid. 4oz weight. All on a 10ft Ugly Stick and Ling king will be set up similarly.
See the sticky at the top of the pier and shore angling page for details.

<*}}}}}}}}}><
Top of page
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:51 pm
red fish

Hs. Lordships Restaurant, Berkeley

This evening, Weds. June 6th

Approx: 6p-10p.

Bigrich and the boys will be fishing

Any welcome to come out and join us after work for batrays, sharks, whatever...
Headed out now (6:52pm). Will post results here.
We will be fishing the parking lot area on the south end as we have done in the past for our weekly impromptu get-togethers.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 2:49 pm
3david56

Let me know guys I'm down BP is my spot I'm Luke Skywalker and Sofa King is my Yoda.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 6:45 pm
MsCMSchultz

Location: BUIDB: "Thats a great shot of a pier from the beach."

3david56 wrote:
Let me know guys I'm down BP is my spot I'm Luke Skywalker and Sofa King is my Yoda.

i wanna know when this club meets too. BTW 3David56/Skywalker, I am impressed that Sofa King has taken you under his wing; it took me a long time to build a rapport with him.

Make sure he tells you where the secret dungeness and rockfish spots are.

Next time you see King Yoda, tell him Cindy says "hi."

Artist, GretchDragon
TY, Gretch!
Top of page
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:09 am
illcatchanything2

Normally Wednesday nights from 6 (or so) to 10 (or earlier if the bite is slow).

During the summer we have out been out much, but should be getting back to it soon. Shoot me a PM and I will let you know if we are going to be there.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:13 am
3david56

BP tomarrow who is down ????
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:43 am
MsCMSchultz

Location: BUIDB: "Thats a great shot of a pier from the beach."

3david56 wrote:
BP tomarrow who is down ????

Well, looking at the time that you posted this, you were/are up either real late or real early; so by "tomorrow" do you mean today, saturday 18 August, or tomorrow, sunday 19 August?

If Sofa King is down, then mebbe for me; if the Sofa King Impersonator is down, then definitely yes for me.

When is your Sofa King en residence?

Artist, GretchDragon
TY, Gretch!
Top of page
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:36 am
Sofa King

I was actually thinking of fishing the pier tonight after 6pm.
Figure around second sink.
Maybe I'll see you there.

<*}}}}}}}}}><
Top of page
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 12:59 pm
3david56

I was out earlier with my daughter debating on if I should come out tonight after dinner. I always do better at night
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:29 pm
3david56

Okay so I'm for sure coming out tomarrow night. I was way to tired yesterday and feel asleep on the couch.
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier Fishing in California Fishing Clubs Reply to this topic
Page 6 of 7  Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Jump to: