pierfishing.com :: FAQ :: search :: memberlist :: album
  Sign-up as new user :: log in

Sign-up as new user | I forgot my password

PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
>> Central Coast rocks. [topic: previous/next]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:16 am
frozendog

Had to go fishing the day after we got back from Bodega Bay to restore my faith in myself as an angler. One advantage to this area is that there are areas you can fish when the water is rough and the wind is blowing. Of course, I am more familiar with the area - makes a big difference. I fished early Monday morning. High tide was 4AM and there was a good on shore swell and wind. Both of which let up gradually as the morning went on. First spots, I had two missed bites - and that was all. Spot number three made up for that.

I had a half hour of good fishing, and then nothing. I caught two brown rockfish, 13" and 15" and an 18" cab. Three bites, three hooked fish and that was it.

All fish were caught on fresh smelt brought back from Bodega Bay. And all three were caught out far, nothing caught in close at all. It's good to be back on the Central Coast with some fish for dinner.
Top of page
Send private message Make a quoted reply on this post
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:08 pm
salty nick

Nice rockies, as usual. Looks a little rough in the top pic.

Salty.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:46 pm
charro

How did you do up north? I am planning a camping/fishing trip North to Salt Point next week. Have not seen any reports from that area in a long time.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:48 pm
charro

Sorry, just saw your post below.
Top of page
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:33 pm
frozendog

If I had caught all the fish I hooked it would have been a decent trip. I lost four fish,a cab that stuck me in the rocks,something else that also rocked me and two rockfish that stuck me in the surface kelp at low tide and both came unhooked pulling them out of the kelp.As usual fishing was better north of Jenner.
Top of page
PFIC Message Boards >> Pier and Surf Fishing Reply to this topic
Page 1 of 1  
Jump to: